Search Unity

Addressables - Initialization Failed

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by JakHussain, Oct 5, 2018.

1. JakHussain

JakHussain

Hi guys,

I'm running unity 2018.2.10 and addressables 0.3.5-preview. I'm getting a warning when running on packed play mode that says:

Addressables - initialization failed.
    UnityEngine.AsyncOperation:InvokeCompletionEvent()

My addressables code works perfectly fine without any warning in the other two modes. The strangest thing is that I can even remove all my code in the scene and the warning will still appear on start. This is even after clearing my cache using each of the 3 clean options or even trying to call initialise myself before anything else.

Any ideas? Or is this a bug I need to submit?

2. PaulBurslem

PaulBurslem

Unity Technologies

Hi, can you submit a bug report and/or post your log file? Thanks.

3. knayam

knayam

@PaulBurslem I am running into the same issue with Unity 2018.2.1f1 and 0.3.5-preview
    Editor console only shows this error (even if i start an empty scene) in packed play mode and the same is reproduced on Android build (which was my target platform for this setup)

Addressables - initialization failed.
    UnityEngine.AsyncOperation:InvokeCompletionEvent()

Project zip attached

Attached Files:

4. PaulBurslem

PaulBurslem

Unity Technologies

It appears that your asset group settings are incorrect. Select each group in the addressables window and you can modifify the setting in the inspector. You need to make sure your BuildPath is set to LocaBuildPath (from the dropdown) and LoadPath is set to LocalLoadPath. If you are running a web server (on your dev machine) you can change these to the remote versions.

5. JakHussain

JakHussain

@PaulBurslem Thanks for your response. Are addressables not yet intended to work for remote paths that are not on a local server? I am hosting a live web server and have copied the resulting addressables files and folder from the build to the server. The profile scriptable object had its remote load path changed to my server and the group's load path was changed to remote load path.

Everything works fine when loading from the default local load path but my custom remote load path seems to be where it fails. I've even tried changing the path from using https to just http.

I've attached my log file as requested:

Attached Files:

6. unity_bill

unity_bill

Please try your project again on 0.4.6 and if it still has a problem, you can re-post the zip here, or perhaps just start with a screenshot of your group settings. I don't think we've fixed anything in 0.4.6 that would address your issue, but as our data has changed a lot, it'd be easier to chase down if you post an update.