Search Unity

Addressables from remote Azure blob - 2 issues.

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by AcuityCraig, Apr 2, 2020.

1. AcuityCraig

AcuityCraig

I am using addressables in an AR app and when I InstantiateAsync() my models from a remote source (Azure) they come in Pink. The material shows in the mesh renderer when pulled in with all its settings (in this case just a standard shader with just a color set - no textures) but still appears pink. I have tried setting the material itself to addressable and doing a rebuild but it still returns pink. From all the tutorials I have read/watched you don't have to explicitly mark prefab dependencies (like materials) independently so I can't figure out whats going on here.

The other glaring issue I'm facing currently is that Azure Blob names can ONLY contain lowercase letters. But when creating profiles using the [BuildTarget] tag in the Remote Load Path it automatically generates the path as Android. I figured URL of the path would not be case sensitive but after some troubleshooting it turns out it IS. So I either have to create 2 profiles and manually put in remote load path per platform or have to somehow change the remote build target to generate its platform name with a lowercase letter. Any help on this would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks!

2. AcuityCraig

AcuityCraig

3. AcuityCraig

AcuityCraig

kaushalJoshi likes this.
  4. kaushalJoshi

kaushalJoshi

upload_2022-9-9_14-41-42.png

upload_2022-9-9_14-43-25.png

I solved the second issue by creating a custom variable in the profile and creating a custom build script that will set the variable when making a build. I hope this helps someone else in the future :)

5. kaushalJoshi

kaushalJoshi

upload_2022-11-11_14-37-23.png

adding in how to update a previous build as well