Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Addressables: *.CAB is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again! [Position out of bounds!]

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by Charlicopter, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Charlicopter

Charlicopter

2021.1.25f1 => 2021.2.7f1 upgrade.

This is an intermittent problem; a hard Unity crash on play and in builds. Only presents itself when using "Use Existing Build" and not in "Use Asset Database" Sometimes if I clean the Addressables build, then rebuild, it works, but not all the time. It's almost like there's a race condition going on, or something.

Likewise: If I build out the game (in debug or non-debug), it crashes to the desktop. Rebuild: it works. Again, intermittent.

Has anyone else encountered something like this? I'm not really finding much in searches.

2. sskenth

sskenth

Hi I'm bumping this thread, since I have just started having this same issue after upgrading to the same version of unity.

Charlicopter likes this.
  3. Charlicopter

Charlicopter

Still present in 2021.2.8f1

Are you getting the exact same "*.CAB is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again! [Position out of bounds!]" message?

Also, would you consider filing a bug report with Unity? My project is WAY too big and it would take me forever to strip it down for them.

4. sskenth

sskenth

The exact error is :
    Code (CSharp):
    1. 2022/01/18 05:32:16.033 22124 22195 Error Unity The file 'archive:/CAB-006b8dcf1278bb5f200561d3dd2ce466/CAB-006b8dcf1278bb5f200561d3dd2ce466.sharedAssets' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!
    3. 2022/01/18 05:32:16.033 22124 22195 Error Unity The file 'archive:/CAB .sharedAssets' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!
    We, unfortunately, have the same issue where our project is just too big to submit.
    I'm going to spend some time today trying to identify what's causing it. What I did notice is that in my Server/Android folder, the one I upload to CCD, had an image in there, no idea how it got there, but I deleted it and it's been working since last night.
    Maybe that was causing the error, I'm not sure since the bug appears intermittently so it might be for a different reason.
    I've also noticed 2021.2.8f1 is out too, so I may try that too.

I'll be running some more tests and builds, so I'll feedback on whether the error is still there or gone.
    Hopefully, we can come to some fix or conclusion to this together.

Charlicopter likes this.
  5. Charlicopter

Charlicopter

FWIW, I tried 2021.2.8 and it persisted. I'll be interested to hear back from you about how things go.
    Also: I'm using Addressables as a local-only asset management strategy for its memory + async loading characteristics. No cloud implementation. So if we do have the same problem, then it is not likely to be tied to remote features.

6. sskenth

sskenth

Thanks for the info, helped me isolate. i tried numerous things including changing addressable version.

Right now it is stable and I am not having that error, but it required me to use Unity 2021.2.0f1

I think the error is solely to do with 2021.2.7.

The issue I have now though, and you may also have this is that when you go down some of the URP shaders don't work and throw errors.
    So I'll be trying to slow upgrade version by version to see which one does not throw the error and also fixes my URP issue.

Hope that helps you and anyone else with this issue. try 2021.2.0f1, also incase its useful Im also using Addressalbe 1.16.19 (change manifest file to use this version) This has solved that addressable issue.

Charlicopter likes this.
  7. Charlicopter

Charlicopter

Did you downgrade to 2021.2.0 from a higher version? or did you upgrade from a known-stable version you'd previously been working on? Upgrading hasn't given me shader issues, but downgrading does (Generally, I think it's not good to downgrade and only upgrade from known-stable projects).

Also, can verify that 2.6, 2.7, and 2.8 are all giving me the same problem.

Thanks for keeping me in the loop. Good stuff.

8. sskenth

sskenth

Probably my final message on this.

To answer your question, I downgraded from 2021.2.7, down to 2021.2.0.

The shader issues were a somewhat easy fix, I just needed to add URP and change to a more stable version of Unity, I think 2021.2.0 was contributing to the shader issues.

Where I am now : Unity 2021.2.3f1, Addressables 1.16.19, Firebase 8.7.0, ARFoundation 4.2.2, URP 12.1.1

This combination so far has resulted in the most stable build for me. I no longer get that addressable issues that we both had, which I believe was due to Unity 2021.2.7.

It might be possible to try 2021.2.3-5 but atm I'm going to stick to this version and test some more. Perhaps lock in as I don't see a point in upgrading if this remains stable.

Hopefully, Unity will address this issue in newer versions.

Thanks for the info about 2.6-2.8. At least I know I can avoid those versions!

Thanks for your help. I'll keep an eye on this post in case either of us come across something down the line.

Seems like we're the only 2 people in the world affected by it. lol

Good luck!

Charlicopter likes this.
  9. Fingerbob

Fingerbob

Did anyone log a bug for this? I'm seeing the same errors (again, on a project I can't trivially submit) with 2021.2.7, addressables 1.19.17. If there's a bug tracker in flight, please share?

ImFaisal likes this.
  10. ImFaisal

ImFaisal

We are facing the same issue. Does anyone have any updates/fixes?

CloudyVR likes this.
  11. makaolachsiungca

makaolachsiungca

tombstone of 2022.1.4f1 :(
    100% crash with standalone

CloudyVR likes this.
  12. abogarsukov-braingames

abogarsukov-braingames

In our case this crash was caused by specific edge-case. We call Addressables.ClearDependencyCacheAsync on the app start. After the call we start loading addressable assets. And the crash happened when one of the assets cleared was referencing currently used assets. After fixing the asset dependencies the crash stopped for us.

htpalnbl likes this.
  13. gooby429

gooby429

is this really an addressables issue only? it started happening to me in 2021.3.19 AND .21
    but it only happens on a linux dedicated server for me. wish there were more detailed errors!