Search Unity

Question Addressables build issue

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by Airman, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Airman

Airman

Hi there,

I'm currently developing a multiplayer game and I'm using addressables in my project. Today I've run into an issue which I can't seem to shake, which is the following:

Cannot read BuildLayout header, BuildLayout has not open for a file
    UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Settings.AddressableAssetSettings:BuildPlayerContent (UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Build.AddressablesPlayerBuildResult&)
    AddressablesPlayerBuildProcessor:PrepareForPlayerbuild (UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Settings.AddressableAssetSettings,UnityEditor.Build.BuildPlayerContext,bool) (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.21.12/Editor/Build/AddressablesPlayerBuildProcessor.cs:101)
    AddressablesPlayerBuildProcessor:PrepareForBuild (UnityEditor.Build.BuildPlayerContext) (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.21.12/Editor/Build/AddressablesPlayerBuildProcessor.cs:80)
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallGlobalEventHandler ()

This stops me from being able to build my project. What I've tried:
    - Clearing the cache
    - Deleting the addressablesAssetData folder
    - Doing a new addressables build

None of these steps have worked. As this is a multiplayer game, the only way I can really test it is by creating builds so this has stopped me in my tracks a fair bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using Unity v2022.3.0 and using addressables v1.21.12.

2. Airman

Airman

This may have been some weird data in a previous build that was still interfering with current builds. I tried a clean build from the build menu in Unity and it is seemingly back to normal.

amenonegames likes this.
  3. radiantboy

radiantboy

I have the same issue. Can you explain what you mean by a clean build from the unity menu.

4. amenonegames

amenonegames

Thank you very much!!
    I annoyed same matter, and solved clean build!!

@radiantboy

maybe clean build in build menu.
    Please click small triangle next to Build button in Build Settings window.

gareth_withVR and radiantboy like this.
  5. Nar1nda

Nar1nda

I have a clean build and still have this error. Any other suggestions?

Code (CSharp):
    1. Cannot read BuildLayout header, BuildLayout has not open for a file
    2. UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Settings.AddressableAssetSettings:BuildPlayerContent (UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Build.AddressablesPlayerBuildResult&)
    3. AddressablesPlayerBuildProcessor:PrepareForPlayerbuild (UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Settings.AddressableAssetSettings,UnityEditor.Build.BuildPlayerContext,bool) (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.21.12/Editor/Build/AddressablesPlayerBuildProcessor.cs:101)
    4. AddressablesPlayerBuildProcessor:PrepareForBuild (UnityEditor.Build.BuildPlayerContext) (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.21.12/Editor/Build/AddressablesPlayerBuildProcessor.cs:80)
    5. UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow/DefaultBuildMethods:BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions)
    6. Naninovel.BuildProcessor:BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions) (at Assets/Naninovel/Editor/Build/BuildProcessor.cs:46)
    7. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

6. Jon-Gao

Jon-Gao

I'm following the solution from this article and it work for me: https://marumaro7.hatenablog.com/entry/CannotreadBuildLayoutheader
    Which is delete file "AddressablesConfig.dat" from Library folder, then restart Editor.

7. Hypnotoad0

Hypnotoad0

I just fixed this by closing the 'Addressables report' window, looks like it being open is causing this to happen.

eechungiap likes this.
  8. eechungiap

eechungiap

Thank you, this fixed the issue quickly. I've been fixing it in a more tedious way which i found out by luck, it goes by running analyze selected rule, change the script a little for it to recompile, then build it. with no other action in between. The non-sensical sequence was quite worrying.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2024