Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Addressables are here!

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by audrey-unity, Jun 15, 2018.

1. peeka

peeka

Update: actually even when I set all my asset group to be uncompressed, sometimes randomly it would take up to 2 min to load the first asset, when it's doing that the game seems to be just sitting there with very low CPU usage and low Disk usage, like 8 mb/s, then after 30 second it would just to 90 mb/s, and at it for a while before it will finish loading.... really need help, it's blocking my clients with this issue.

Update:
    I didn't call InitializeAsync, this me try look into that.

Update: InitializeAsync handle doesn't seem to report value in PercentageComplete, this is a problem, especially when InitializeAsync can take a while.

Update: so InitializeAsync finished really fast, so I still can't fingure out why it's so slow in standand alone build but never slow in editor pack mode, I tried set Application.backgroundLoadingPriority = ThreadPriority.High; but still extream slow, takes 2-5 min seems like the game just not doing anything except very low harddrive reads and framerate is very high and after 2-5 min the game suddenly loads, I can't get any percentage value working during this time. my standalone build is il2cpp could it be the issue?

Also I am getting lots of random
    Could not produce class with ID 1108.
    when running il2cpp standalone build with addressable, I deleted library many time, and this still happens.

Update:

I think I finally figured out, my Async Upload Time Slice and Async Upload Buffer Size was too small. it was at 2ms and 4mb, changed to bigger value, finger crossed...

Update:

still same slowness no matter what I do, I think it's a disk seeks issue, but I can't find any information on how to pack the data in a more optimal way, also I can't separate into smaller asset pack due to a bug in addressable that is not fixed in 2019.2.

Update:

sorry this becomes like a blog, but now I learned what really happens is my asset dependency are all over the place, and it's basically trying to read all the file at the same time, and sometimes it's fast because it's cached by memory or windows cache. so what I really need to do is take a closer look at packing the only thing I want to load at a time.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  2. Litovets

Litovets

You can change group setting BundleMode from Pack Together to Pack Separately or Pack Together By Label.

3. deepakguptaPR

deepakguptaPR

Hi,

Have you able to separate the assets into different project and load addressable assets in the main project? If yes, could you please guide us in implementing the same. Thanks in advance

4. Raymond-Leung

Raymond-Leung

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  5. iSinner

iSinner

I am using Visual Studio Community 2017 Version 15.9.11, Unity 2018.4.9f1 LTS and I can't see the documentation of any addressable class or method, even though they are documented when i navigate to them via "go to definition".

This is how it looks when i mouse over the method from a script in the project(this is the ComponentReference example provided by unity on github)

And this is the implementation of the method which is in the class ResourceManager which is in the UnityEngine.ResourceManagement namespace.

notice that it is fully documented, but this documentation didn't show up in the previous screenshot where the method was used from a script that is simply located in the project folder, but it shows if i mouse over it where it is defined.

I would like to see the documentation of the methods when i use them in my project, does anybody know how to solve this issue?

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  6. faolad

faolad

Is there a way to Skip Updates and keep working with the old packages?

I was struggling to come with something that can prevent this. Something like if address "my obj" pointed to one thing originally, then something new later, there is no need for this "load the new one", if the player declines the prompt at the start.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019 at 7:33 AM