Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Addressables and Build

Discussion in 'Localization Tools' started by Sebight, Oct 11, 2022.

1. Sebight

Sebight

Hello, I've made a similar thread about a week ago, though it went really offtopic, so I will make it again to sumup my current issue.

What I want to achieve: When I Build & Release my Localization addressables to my CDN and push it into production branch, I want the (already built) Android Player build to automatically update the translations.

Current problem: When I build Addressables and the project itself, it is all ok and when I launch the app on my phone, the last "state" of String Tables is there. That is ok, that is working nicely, but I want to be able to remotely patch the localization content.

When I then change something in the string table, build addressables again and release them to the CDN and promote the last release to production... and open the app (after restarting it), it is still in the same state as it was before a.k.a. as it was in the last build.

Any idea what I could be doing wrong? Thanks!

2. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

3. Sebight

Sebight

Indeed I am. I have all groups (or rather their remote and local build paths) set up and everything should be exactly like it says in the ContentUpdateWorkflow docs.

4. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

It should work then. You need to do the updates before loading any localization data, you can not update an asset that is already loaded. You can force the localization tables to be unloaded by loading an empty scene with no localization data and unloading the tables with ReleaseTable. We have some improvements for this in 1.4 which should be out soon.

5. Sebight

Sebight

Alright, I will try to somehow fix it then. Thank you.

What are we looking at when you say "soon" with the 1.4 release? 2 weeks, 1 month?

6. karl_jones

karl_jones

Unity Technologies

Hopefully this week. We are just waiting on some approvals.