Search Unity

Addressables 1.3.3 Unknown error in AsyncOperation

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by iamarugin, Nov 1, 2019.

1. iamarugin

iamarugin

I am using Unity 2019.3b8 I've updated to Addressables 1.3.3, cleared build cache, rebuilt all assets. But every time I'm trying to run the game with Addressables in packed mode, I get exceptions in the console:

Code (CSharp):
    2. Exception encountered in operation Resource<Object>(catalog_2019.11.01.10.36.25.hash): Unknown error in AsyncOperation
    3. UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.Addressables:LoadAssetAsync(Object)
    4. Services.<LoadAssetAsync>d__2`1:MoveNext() (at Assets/Scripts/Services/AddresableHelper.cs:32)
    5. System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder`1:Start(<LoadAssetAsync>d__2`1&)
    6. Services.AddresableHelper:LoadAssetAsync(String)
    7. Services.<Preload>d__9:MoveNext() (at Assets/Scripts/Services/cache/MusicCache.cs:16)
    8. System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncVoidMethodBuilder:Start(<Preload>d__9&)
    9. Services.MusicCache:Preload(DataStore)
    10. Services.CacheStore:Preload(DataStore) (at Assets/Scripts/Services/cache/CacheStore.cs:48)
    11. Controller.Application:Awaken() (at Assets/Scripts/Controller/Application.cs:55)
    12. Controller.ApplicationUninit:Awake(Action) (at Assets/Scripts/Controller/State/ApplicationUninit.cs:10)
    13. Controller.Application:Awake() (at Assets/Scripts/Controller/Application.cs:44)
    Code (CSharp):
    2. Exception encountered in operation Resource<Object>(catalog_2019.11.01.10.36.25.hash): Unknown error in AsyncOperation
    3. UnityEngine.AsyncOperation:InvokeCompletionEvent()
    Code (CSharp):
    2. Exception encountered in operation Dependencies: Unknown error in AsyncOperation
    3. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.GroupOperation:OnOperationCompleted(AsyncOperationHandle)
    4. DelegateList`1:Invoke(AsyncOperationHandle) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.3.3/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/DelegateList.cs:69)
    5. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceManager:Update(Single)
    6. MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks:Update() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.3.3/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks.cs:19)
    The only thing I am doing, is just loading asset with the simple helper function

Code (CSharp):
    1. public static async Task<T> LoadAssetAsync<T>(string name) where T : Object {
    2.   AsyncOperationHandle<T> handle = Addressables.LoadAssetAsync<T>(name);
    4.   await handle.Task;
    6.   T result = null;
    8.   if (handle.Status == AsyncOperationStatus.Succeeded) {
    9.     result = handle.Result;
    10.   } else {
    11.     Helpers.Error($"Can not load asset with name {name}, status {handle.Status}");
    12.   }
    14.   return result;
    15. }
    I saw no breaking changes in the changelog. So, do you have any directions?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  2. iamarugin

iamarugin

Here is group setting:

3. iamarugin

iamarugin

Also I see a warning in the console: Library\PackageCache\com.unity.addressables@1.3.3\Runtime\ResourceLocators\ContentCatalogData.cs(84,16): warning CS0649: Field 'ContentCatalogData.m_LocatorId' is never assigned to, and will always have its default value null

4. iamarugin

iamarugin

Ok, I turned "Build remote catalog" (I don't need it anyway) and everything is working now. But I think you need better error message for this case.

5. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @iamarugin just a couple questions:

1) when you had build remote catalog turned on would the web request been able to reach your remote build locations endpoint? Assuming you're using the Addressables Hosting service, had a service been added, was enabled, and the remote build and load paths pointed to the correct places?

2) You said you saw this after cleaning your build cache, rebuilding and starting the game? Assuming everything I asked about in 1) is setup and enabled were you seeing this every time you stopped and started playmode or just the first time after clearing your build cache and rebuilding.

I ask this because I just came across and fixed a bug that sounds very similar to what you're describing but I'd like to make sure it's not a different issue before I say one way or the other if I think it's fixed (in the next release).

6. iamarugin

iamarugin

1. The remote catalog settings were carried from the previous version from Addressables (may be I turned it on by mistake in v0.5 or so). I don't need remote catalog, so I didn't do anything to make it work.
    2. Issue reproduced every time I hit the play.

7. jiahongzeng

jiahongzeng

Hi

I have the same error too.

8. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @iamarugin and @jiahongzeng I have some good news. After looking into the issue it does appear that I have already implemented a fix for your issue. Also good news is we've decided to add it, along with a few others, into a hotfix patch that we'll be releasing for 1.3. I can't give an exact time the patch will go out but it shouldn't be too long.

9. iamarugin

iamarugin

This is a great news, thanks!

10. aurelien-morel-ubiant

aurelien-morel-ubiant

I have the same issue. Or at least I think cause the message is barely the same even if it's not on an asset loading.
    Glad to hear there is already a fix on the way.

11. kemoko

kemoko

Hi. I have the same issue. When I run the game in unity editor everything is correct but when I run a standalone build executable I have the error. Is there a setting to set before building a standalone application?

Thanks

12. calc1fer

calc1fer

When you install 19.3 Beta, Unity Editor will suggest you Addressable v1.1.10 at the package manager.
    This Unknown error still happens in 1.1.10, but you can solve this by upgrading the version of the Addressable package.

Everything is fine after upgrading to 1.3.8 from 1.1.10.
    I hope that the unity release manager set a stable version of the Addressable as default on the package manager asap.

gl

13. javierfed

javierfed

I had no problem with the last build of Addressables, but I updated to the latest build of addressables and now am getting an unknown error AsyncOperation while trying to load my assets. I cleaned and rebuilt them and uploaded them to the online repository I am using (publicly available S3 bucket) which worked well BEFORE the update to 1.5.0. should I downgrade my addressables build or what?

aditya_unity601 likes this.
  14. ao_196419

ao_196419

Seeing this error as well after upgrading to 1.5.0. Cannot reproduce this in editor but I got error reports from iOS users frequently. I wonder if downgrading is the only way to cope with this problem...

tencnivel and aditya_unity601 like this.
  15. aditya_unity601

aditya_unity601

Was working for me today morning, can't get it to work for the life of me in the afternoon now. Addressables 1.5.0. Unknown error is so frustrating, no idea where to go next. Rebuilt bundles (after cleaning), restarted unity, no respite.

16. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

@iamarugin did your issue get resolved? I'm curious if these unknown errors are part of a different cause since some of you are seeing it on 1.5.0 but the original post was for version 1.3.3. Something else may be going on here. Anyone with an issue please file a bug with Unity.

17. iamarugin

iamarugin

@DavidUnity3d yes, the error was resolved, but I am staying on 1.3.8.

davidla_unity likes this.
  18. hololabs

hololabs

I'm also experiencing an issue on 1.5.0. Unsure if this is related.
    I have built the asset bundle to a HostedData folder and am testing using Local Hosting with play mode set to Use Existing Build. Build Remote Catalog is checked and Build and Load Paths are set to RemoteBuildPath and RemoteLoadPath respectively. I get the following errors:

Code (CSharp):
    1. 192.168.1.96 - - [2020-01-14T10:57:04.2468513-08:00] "" 404 -
    2. System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback:PerformWaitCallback()
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Exception encountered in operation Resource<IAssetBundleResource>(defaultlocalgroup_assets_all_81f4b3aa1fa903cae758c035dc6a2b8b.bundle): RemoteAssetBundleProvider unable to load from url http://192.168.1.96:54570/Android/defaultlocalgroup_assets_all_81f4b3aa1fa903cae758c035dc6a2b8b.bundle, result='HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found'.
    2. UnityEngine.AsyncOperation:InvokeCompletionEvent() (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Scripting/AsyncOperation.cs:21)
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Exception encountered in operation Dependencies: RemoteAssetBundleProvider unable to load from url http://192.168.1.96:54570/Android/defaultlocalgroup_assets_all_81f4b3aa1fa903cae758c035dc6a2b8b.bundle, result='HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found'.
    2. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.GroupOperation:OnOperationCompleted(AsyncOperationHandle)
    3. DelegateList`1:Invoke(AsyncOperationHandle) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.5.0/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/DelegateList.cs:69)
    4. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceManager:Update(Single)
    5. MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks:Update() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.5.0/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks.cs:19)
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Exception encountered in operation Resource<SpriteAtlas>(FetchItems.spriteatlas): Dependency Exception
    2. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationBase`1:<.ctor>b__27_0(AsyncOperationHandle)
    3. DelegateList`1:Invoke(AsyncOperationHandle) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.5.0/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/DelegateList.cs:69)
    4. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceManager:Update(Single)
    5. MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks:Update() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.5.0/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks.cs:19)
    Edit: Posted new topic https://forum.unity.com/threads/local-hosting-example-problems.809418/

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  19. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

@hololabs I don't think that is related. Double check that you have our Addressable Hosting Service enabled (Addressables Group Window -> Tools -> Hosting Services). If you do and it looks setup correctly please make a new thread for your issue.

hololabs likes this.
  20. aditya_unity601

aditya_unity601

Hi, I am still facing this issue. I had a few errors earlier regarding InvalidKeyException, but that was probably due to my HASH and Bundles not matching. Resolving that with a clean build is now giving me an Unknown Error, posting code below.

Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Collections;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    4. using UnityEngine.AddressableAssets;
    5. using UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations;
    6. using UnityEngine.UI;
    9. public class AssetHandlerManager : MonoBehaviour
    10. {
    11.     public AsyncOperationHandle<GameObject> stallObjectRemote;
    13.     public AsyncOperationHandle<GameObject> spawnedObject;
    15.     private AddrPMBIndicator pmbIndicator;
    17.     private bool asyncObjectStatus;
    18.     StringBuilder stringBuilder;
    20.     // Start is called before the first frame update
    21.     void Start()
    22.     {
    23.         pmbIndicator = FindObjectOfType<AddrPMBIndicator>();
    24.     }
    26.     public void LoadRemotePrefab()
    27.     {
    28.         Debug.Log("Entered LoadRemotePrefab");
    29.         Addressables.LoadAssetAsync<GameObject>("StallObject").Completed += OnLoadDependencyDone;
    30.     }
    32.     public void OnLoadDependencyDone(UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationHandle<GameObject> obj)
    33.     {
    34.         if (obj.Status == AsyncOperationStatus.Succeeded) {
    35.             Addressables.InstantiateAsync(obj, pmbIndicator.transform.position, pmbIndicator.transform.rotation).Completed += OnLoadDone;
    36.             Debug.Log("Addressable async load succeeded");
    37.         }
    38.         else
    39.             Debug.LogError("Addressable async load failed");
    40.     }
    43.     private void OnLoadDone(UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationHandle<GameObject> obj)
    44.     {
    45.         if(obj.Status == AsyncOperationStatus.Succeeded)
    46.         {
    47.             Debug.Log("Addressable async instantiate succeeded");
    48.             asyncObjectStatus = true;
    49.         }
    51.         else
    52.         {
    53.             Debug.LogError("Addressable async instantiate failed");
    54.             asyncObjectStatus = false;
    55.         }
    56.     }
    59.     public void DestroyRemotePrefab()
    60.     {
    61.         if(asyncObjectStatus)
    62.         {
    63.             Addressables.ReleaseInstance(spawnedObject);
    64.             Debug.Log("Instance released and async object destroyed");
    65.         }
    67.         else
    68.         {
    69.             Debug.LogWarning("cannot destroy object as it hasn't instantiated");
    70.             return;
    71.         }
    73.     }
    76.     // Update is called once per frame
    77.     void Update()
    78.     {
    80.     }
    81. }
    Below is the error log I get upon loading and instantiation:

Entered LoadRemotePrefab
    Exception encountered in operation Resource<Object>(catalog_2020.01.13.12.29.13.hash): Unknown error in AsyncOperation
    Exception encountered in operation Dependencies: Unknown error in AsyncOperation
    Exception encountered in operation Resource<GameObject>(StallObject.prefab): Unknown error in AsyncOperation
    Exception encountered in operation UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.Initialization.InitializationOperation, result='', status='Succeeded' - Chain<GameObject>: ChainOperation of Type: UnityEngine.GameObject failed because dependent operation failed
    Unknown error in AsyncOperation
    Addressable async load failed
    cannot destroy object as it hasn't instantiated
    Entered LoadRemotePrefab
    Exception encountered in operation Resource<GameObject>(StallObject.prefab): Unknown error in AsyncOperation
    Addressable async load failed

21. mikaelK

mikaelK

Sadly I have issues with dependencies and Unknown error in AsyncOperation. All was working fine but change to assets broke the addressables from working and I have no idea what's causing it.

Edit. I tried the "clean build cache", rebuild the profile and tried again.
    Finally it loaded. So happy

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  22. faolad

faolad

@DavidUnity3d Since 1.62 I have a similar issue, is there a reason for that, is the issue not fixed yet?

23. TealRB

TealRB

I also see this problem whenever I build to device. I don't see the error in the editor. I filed a bug report for it: 1221331

24. faolad

faolad

Can you share the bug report link, thanks

25. ageana

ageana

I have the same issue as @TealRB, using 1.6.2 and Unity 2019.2.18

26. ProtoTerminator

ProtoTerminator

Just curious what platform you guys are seeing the Unknown Errors on? Chrome 77 had a bug with websockets that would sometimes throw Unkown Errors that should have been fixed in Chrome 78.

27. faolad

faolad

I'm getting this on stand alone

28. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

We're aware of an unknown error in async operation issue. If you're having this problem go ahead and submit a bug with Unity just in case your issue isn't caused by the same thing. If it is it never hurts for us to have more information than less.

tylervezinarelish likes this.
  29. ProtoTerminator

ProtoTerminator

@DavidUnity3d Not sure if it's the same issue, but I've been getting some Unknown Errors in WebGL. It also sometimes happens with an image upload, so it might be an issue with the UnityWebRequest and not on your end.

Interestingly, I have some retry code on my end that will retry the same request once per second if it fails, up to 6 times, and each retry fails with exactly the same errors (I am not using the Addressables built-in retries).

Anyway, here are the logs of one instance (from diagnostics) if it's any help to you:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Error    Mar 2, 2020, 20:52:17.159    93562    Asset Bundle download is complete, but no data have been received
    2. Error    Mar 2, 2020, 20:52:17.160    93563    Exception encountered in operation Resource<IAssetBundleResource>(hair-11_baedcbca33310a47804b2040499e42bb.bundle): RemoteAssetBundleProvider unable to load from url [cdn]/awakening/build-1420-wasm-streaming/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/WebGL/customitems_assets_custom_items/hairs/hair-11_baedcbca33310a47804b2040499e42bb.bundle, result='Unknown Error'.
    3. Error    Mar 2, 2020, 20:52:17.163    93563    Exception encountered in operation Dependencies: RemoteAssetBundleProvider unable to load from url [cdn]/awakening/build-1420-wasm-streaming/StreamingAssets/AssetBundles/WebGL/customitems_assets_custom_items/hairs/hair-11_baedcbca33310a47804b2040499e42bb.bundle, result='Unknown Error'.
    4. Error    Mar 2, 2020, 20:52:17.163    93563    Exception encountered in operation Resource<GameObject>(pfb_avt_custom_hair_set13_b.prefab): Dependency Exception
    And the metadata:

Code (CSharp):
    1. report_id
    2. gix8nXAB_kxGpiyBQOQw
    3. app_build
    4. install_mode
    5. install_store
    6. name
    7. https://app.legendsoflearning.com/play
    8. version
    9. 3.1.3
    10. build_guid
    11. a4aeae886d981da4c90f1f42ccd5d184
    12. build_tags
    13. client_report_id
    14. 8593fc17669a4b8edbacf9cc1dd98448
    15. client_ts
    16. 1583182337171
    17. userid
    18. b4e76e73311504f47a17bcbd8741a9df
    19. debug_device
    20. false
    21. cpu
    22. n/a
    23. cpu_count
    24. 1
    25. cpu_freq
    26. 0
    27. device_info_flags
    28. 1124073546
    29. rooted_or_jailbroken
    30. false
    31. device_model
    32. Chrome 79
    33. device_ram
    34. 256
    35. screen_size
    36. 1366 x 768
    37. screen_dpi
    38. 0
    39. refresh_rate
    40. 60
    41. sensor_flags
    42. 144
    43. system_language
    44. en
    45. device_type
    46. 3
    47. device_vram
    48. 512
    49. enabled_vr_devices
    50. gpu_api
    51. 11
    52. gpu_caps
    53. 5073851
    54. gpu_copy_texture_support
    55. 0
    56. gpu_device_id
    57. 0
    58. gpu_vendor_id
    59. 0
    60. gpu_driver
    61. (WebGL 2.0 (OpenGL ES 3.0 Chromium))
    62. gpu_max_cubemap_size
    63. 16384
    64. gpu_max_texture_size
    65. 16384
    66. gfx
    67. Mesa DRI Intel(R) HD Graphics 400 (Braswell)
    68. gpu_render_texture_support
    69. 511
    70. gpu_shader_caps
    71. 35
    72. gpu_supported_render_target_count
    73. 8
    74. gpu_texture_format_support
    75. 923
    76. gpu_vendor
    77. WebKit
    78. gpu_version
    79. OpenGL ES 3.0
    80. is_editor
    81. false
    82. is_fullscreen
    83. false
    84. is_wsar_remote
    85. false
    86. is_ar_app
    87. false
    88. localprojectid
    89. 1af3c3281053c4d39b19735b7520c803
    90. os_family
    91. 3
    92. os
    93. Linux -
    94. platform
    95. WebGL
    96. platformid
    97. 17
    98. appid
    99. 59d168ce-89ea-4ea4-a826-22c6aeef5234
    100. screen_orientation
    101. 1
    102. scripting_backend
    103. IL2CPP
    104. sessionid
    105. 5495547973818021000
    106. sdk_ver
    107. 2019.1.14f1
    108. vr_device_name
    109. vr_device_model
    110. user_agent
    111. Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS x86_64 12607.82.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/79.0.3945.123 Safari/537.36

davidla_unity likes this.
  30. faolad

faolad

I send a bug report, and they told me that was related to a missing tag, the problem is that there was a missing tag indeed, but it's not related to the issue, the missing tag was just a thing that occur while trying to put together a project to send.

31. TealRB

TealRB

I submitted a bug report about this and it was confirmed (IN-403). However, the new confirmation claims that "Note: The object is still loaded, however, the exception is thrown". This is incorrect. When this unknown error is thrown the object you were trying to load does not get loaded. Perhaps this is my fault. I think the test project I provided falls back to an object reference if the addressable doesn't load since I was having trouble loading.

I think the bug needs to be marked as a higher priority.

faolad likes this.
  32. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

@ProtoTerminator I appreciate the additional diagnostic info. Any info helps.

33. faolad

faolad

I also submitted a bug report, and I agree this should be marked as a higher priority.

T-Zee and TealRB like this.
  34. ho-sik

ho-sik

I've got similar errors on device(Android), like this.

2020-03-18 14:37:52.450 28093-28154/? E/Unity: Exception encountered in operation Resource<ContentCatalogData>(catalog_2020.03.18.02.37.48.json): Unknown error in AsyncOperation

(Filename: ./Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)
    2020-03-18 14:37:52.463 28093-28154/? E/Unity: Exception encountered in operation Resource<ContentCatalogData>(catalog.json): Unknown error in AsyncOperation

2020-03-18 14:37:52.472 28093-28154/? E/Unity: Exception encountered in operation UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceManager+CompletedOperation`1[UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.ResourceLocators.IResourceLocator], result='', status='Failed': Failed to load content catalog.

2020-03-18 14:37:52.475 28093-28154/? E/Unity: Exception encountered in operation Resource<ContentCatalogData>(catalog.json) - Chain<IResourceLocator,ContentCatalogData>: ChainOperation of Type: UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.ResourceLocators.IResourceLocator failed because dependent operation failed
    Failed to load content catalog.

2020-03-18 14:37:52.478 28093-28154/? W/Unity: Addressables - initialization failed.

2020-03-18 14:37:52.480 28093-28154/? E/Unity: Exception encountered in operation UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.Initialization.InitializationOperation, result='', status='Failed': ChainOperation of Type: UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.ResourceLocators.IResourceLocator failed because dependent operation failed
    Failed to load content catalog.

Also got same errors when set "play mode build script" to "Use existing build" on Editor.

My addressable settings for using remote are belows
    <Used profile setting>
    upload_2020-3-18_14-45-33.png
    <Group Settings>
    upload_2020-3-18_14-46-50.png
    <Addressable Settings>
    upload_2020-3-18_14-48-37.png
    <Group Setting(Remote bundle)>
    upload_2020-3-18_14-51-43.png

And my test code :

Code (CSharp):
    2. public class LoadAssetsFromRemote : MonoBehaviour
    3. {
    4.     [SerializeField] private string _label = "remote";
    6.     private void Start()
    7.     {
    8.         Get(_label);
    9.     }
    11.     private async Task Get(string label)
    12.     {
    13.         var locations = await Addressables.LoadResourceLocationsAsync(label).Task;
    15.         foreach (var location in locations)
    16.         {
    17.             await Addressables.InstantiateAsync(location).Task;
    18.         }
    19.     }
    20. }
    Are any wrong points on my settings and test code? It just happened when I call Addressables.InitializeAsync(); only on Start method instead of invoking "Get(_label)" above code

I tried many things to solve this, but not to avail
    (create new empty project, clean build cache and rebuild, change google cloud account, degrading addressable versions.... etc)

I've tested Unity 2019.2.21f / 2019.3.3f and addressable packages version 1.6.2(tested on other versions to)

Please anybody answer if this problem solved. Thanks

Attached Files:

35. ManuelSalvadori

ManuelSalvadori

I have the same issue of ho-sik. The settings and the script are identical to what posted ho-sik, i have the remote location on goole clude storage too; I have Unity 2019.3.5f1 (Windows Standalone) and Addressable 1.7.4. Same error in build and in editor with "play mode build script" set to "Use existing build"

36. ManuelSalvadori

ManuelSalvadori

37. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

We have fixed some issues regarding unknown error in async operations for loading from a remote path and an unknown error that was manifesting on Android. These fixes will be out in 1.8.X (our next release). Please give that upgrade a try when its out in a week or two and let us know if you're still having issues.

jipsen, koolhausbuilder and CameronND like this.
  38. koolhausbuilder

koolhausbuilder

Looking forward to the 1.8 release. I'm just encountering the same issue on Android. Is there a work around while this release is being worked on? Can you share why the error occurred ?

yuch3n and TealRB like this.
  39. yuch3n

yuch3n

Agree with @koolhausbuilder
    It's making it very difficult to test workflow on Android. Not to be *that person* but any updates on when it might be released?

DavidZobrist likes this.
  40. Lucilvia922

Lucilvia922

i have exactly same issue, and my code are completely same, i think it's because we are following a same tutorial series or something

now im using addressables package ver 1.10.0

41. ununion

ununion

this is really a bad system,full of mistakes!

faolad likes this.
  42. Tuna_Oh

Tuna_Oh

i have that issue too right now...

43. Shaunyowns

Shaunyowns

Hey there @Tuna_Oh, after asking the team here's what I got back:

"They can try a more recent version (1.15.1 now or 1.16.0 in a few days). Or they can file a bug. The original issue was resolved."

I hope this helps!

44. sama-van

sama-van

Unity 2020.1.17f1 - Addressable v1.16.15

Getting that weird error as well :

Code (CSharp):
    1. Exception encountered in operation Resource<Object>(xxxxxxx.prefab), status=Failed, result= : Unable to load asset of type UnityEngine.Object from location Assets/Addressable/Battle/Unit/Ally/xxxxxxx.prefab.
    2. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.Util.DelayedActionManager:LateUpdate() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.16.15/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/DelayedActionManager.cs:159)
    It's easy to reproduce :

1. Be sure the asset exist
    2. Run the simulation as usual and be sure the asset is loaded properly.
    3. Stop the simulation and delete the asset from the project.
    4. Run the simulation again > the error will occur.
    5. Close & restart unity.
    6. Play the simulation again : no error and null asset is logged properly.

45. Blueprinter

Blueprinter

We just switched our project from Unity 2019 to 2020 and we're getting the same .hash file error described in this thread. We use catalogs to download our game's assets, and even though they are being downloaded properly and everything seems to be working correctly, we still get two errors every time we press Play:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Exception encountered in operation Resource<Object>(StreamingAssets\StandaloneWindows64\catalog_HDRP_2021.01.11.14.25.19.hash), status=Failed, result= : Invalid path in TextDataProvider : 'D:/<PROJECT_PATH>/Assets/StreamingAssets\StandaloneWindows64\catalog_HDRP_2021.01.11.14.25.19.hash'.
    2. UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.Addressables:LoadContentCatalogAsync (string,string)
    3. LoadCatalogSystem:OnInitialize (UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationHandle`1<UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.ResourceLocators.IResourceLocator>) (at Assets/_Source/LoadCDN/Systems/LoadCatalogSystem.cs:23)
    4. DelegateList`1<UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationHandle`1<UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.ResourceLocators.IResourceLocator>>:Invoke (UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationHandle`1<UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.ResourceLocators.IResourceLocator>) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.16.6/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/DelegateList.cs:69)
    5. UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceManager:Update (single)
    6. MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks:Update () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.16.6/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks.cs:26)
    The second error is just like the first, except it points to a path in my AppData directory instead of the game's repository:
    C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\LocalLow\<COMPANY_NAME>\<PROJECT_NAME>\com.unity.addressables/catalog_HDRP_2021.01.11.14.25.19.hash

The only thing our LoadCatalogSystem is doing at line 23 is:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. _catalogHandle = Addressables.LoadContentCatalogAsync(Path.Combine(Application.streamingAssetsPath, _catalogPath));
    Which creates the paths you see in the error messages, and loads content from them.

We're using Addressables version 1.16.6, but I can confirm that this also happens in 1.16.15, even with previous catalog versions that we had already tested in Unity 2019 with no errors.

Is this a bug that's still being looked into? Thanks!

J1wan, iamarugin and Lex like this.
  46. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

@Blueprinter it sounds like yours may be a very similar issue. Interesting that you're seeing that after upgrading Unity versions. I know there's some issues with asset bundle crc mismatch errors happening if you update Unity versions but I haven't heard of this. Can you file a new bug for this? I'd like to have a repro project and look into this.

47. zero_one0101

zero_one0101

i have similar issue. i even tried this on the example project thats given by unity. same error

48. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Please file a bug report for us.

Jackiedg likes this.
  49. tanmayaddania

tanmayaddania

I am using Unity 2020.3.5f1 I've updated to Addressables 1.16.19, cleared build cache, rebuilt all assets. But every time I'm trying to run the game with Addressables in Use Existing Build mode, I get exceptions in the console:

Exception encountered in operation Resource<IAssetBundleResource>(defaultlocalgroup_assets_all_ca67e648bd52c14e1cd5aefd8f85cdc3.bundle), status=Failed, result= : RemoteAssetBundleProvider unable to load from url https://anawabbastorage.blob.core.w...s_all_ca67e648bd52c14e1cd5aefd8f85cdc3.bundle, result='HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request'.
    UnityEngine.AsyncOperation:InvokeCompletionEvent ()

Exception encountered in operation Resource<IAssetBundleResource>(defaultlocalgroup_unitybuiltinshaders_85fd7364d5e5590f7869e27978ffaf0a.bundle), status=Failed, result= : RemoteAssetBundleProvider unable to load from url https://anawabbastorage.blob.core.w...aders_85fd7364d5e5590f7869e27978ffaf0a.bundle, result='HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request'.
    UnityEngine.AsyncOperation:InvokeCompletionEvent ()

Exception encountered in operation Dependencies [defaultlocalgroup_assets_all_ca67e648bd52c14e..., defaultlocalgroup_unitybuiltinshaders_85fd736...], status=Failed, result=System.Collections.Generic.List`1[UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationHandle] : RemoteAssetBundleProvider unable to load from url https://anawabbastorage.blob.core.w...s_all_ca67e648bd52c14e1cd5aefd8f85cdc3.bundle, result='HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request'.
    UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationBase`1/<>c__DisplayClass55_0<UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceProviders.IAssetBundleResource>:<add_CompletedTypeless>b__0 (UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationHandle`1<UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceProviders.IAssetBundleResource>)
    DelegateList`1<UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationHandle`1<UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceProviders.IAssetBundleResource>>:Invoke (UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationHandle`1<UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceProviders.IAssetBundleResource>) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.16.19/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/DelegateList.cs:69)
    UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceManager:Update (single)
    MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks:Update () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.16.19/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks.cs:26)

Exception encountered in operation ChainOperation<GameObject> - InitializationOperation, status=Failed, result= : ChainOperation of Type: UnityEngine.GameObject failed because dependent operation failed
    Dependency operation failed with System.Exception: Dependency Exception.
    UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ChainOperationTypelessDepedency`1<UnityEngine.GameObject>:OnWrappedCompleted (UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationHandle`1<UnityEngine.GameObject>)
    DelegateList`1<UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationHandle`1<UnityEngine.GameObject>>:Invoke (UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationHandle`1<UnityEngine.GameObject>) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.16.19/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/DelegateList.cs:69)
    UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceManager:Update (single)
    MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks:Update () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.16.19/Runtime/ResourceManager/Util/MonoBehaviourCallbackHooks.cs:26)

upload_2021-9-29_3-37-30.png

My addressable settings for using remote are belows

upload_2021-9-29_3-37-58.png

upload_2021-9-29_3-38-7.png

upload_2021-9-29_3-38-13.png

upload_2021-9-29_3-38-32.png

I tried many things to solve this, but not to avail
    (create new empty project, clean build cache and rebuild, change google cloud account, degrading addressable versions.... etc)

Please anybody answer if this problem solved. Thanks

50. shibi2017

shibi2017

Hit Davila. I'm working with Addressables on 2021.2.2 now. I use LoadAssetAsync to load my asset on remote server(a GitHub repo). It all works fine on editor but when I build to iOS 15, I got error and load failed:

Load Failed

System.Action`1:Invoke(T)

DelegateList`1:Invoke(T)

UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.AsyncOperations.AsyncOperationBase`1:InvokeCompletionEvent()

UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceManager:ExecuteDeferredCallbacks()

UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.ResourceManager:Update(Single)

Could you please tell me where an I find more information about this error, and a possible way I can find out and solve it?
    btw: I've loaded remote asset before on iOS, but this time, 2 days debug, nothing changed.