Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug [Addressables 1.19.9] Script attached to an non existent game object is missing warning on build

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by MaskedMouse, Oct 21, 2021.

1. MaskedMouse

MaskedMouse

I'm getting a warning after building addressables
    Script attached to '' in scene 'Assets/Scenes/Scene.unity' is missing or no valid script is attached.

This only happens after cleaning the addressable build and building it after. Any subsequent build the warning does not appear.

For my own sanity sake I manually went through all game objects and found no missing scripts in that scene.
    I even copied an editor tool, to check for any invalid components. Nothing was found.

When I run in the editor with Use Existing Build as playmode script, I am getting more warnings as I play through
    The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object '<null>') is missing!

This warning pops up in scenes unrelated to the first mentioned warning.

It seems like a harmless message as nothing is broken while playing. But it does give me concerns whether things are going to get heavily corrupt along the way.

So what I have tried is:
    - Reïmport project
    - Clean git copy of the project
    - Check for hidden game objects (none seems to be hidden)
    - Check for missing behaviour (could not find anything)
    - I deleted all objects in the scene hierarchy, saved it. Cleaned addressables and rebuilt them. So basically an empty scene.
    - Copy pasted all objects to a new scene and add it to a asset group. Which then gave me the warning on the new scene but not the old one anymore...
    - Removing the scene from addressables and then clean -> rebuild the warning is suddenly on another scene.

Using Unity 2021.1.26
    Addressables 1.19.9

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  2. sniffle63

sniffle63

I have noticed the same

MaskedMouse likes this.
  3. unity_tnFzo3PuHFxk9Q

unity_tnFzo3PuHFxk9Q

I am getting the exact same issues and also tried the same steps you did. Have you figured it out (please says yes!)?

4. MaskedMouse

MaskedMouse

No, whilst it doesn't break anything I still worry about it. I wish Unity would output more information like the actual game object hierarchy. Then you would at least know what game object it is. But this seems like a total ghost object with a ghost component.

5. TylerCookPW

TylerCookPW

I received a similar set of warnings (13 in our case) when building an Addressable of a specific Animation Controller we had. I submitted a ticket to Unity and they were able to reproduce the error, I'll report back here if/when they are able to fix it.

6. xucian

xucian

I'm also having this error. i.e. Script attached to '' in scene 'Assets/_AppGame/DevSetup/Res/DevSetup.unity' is missing or no valid script is attached. No clue where to look at..

7. Dasp

Dasp

We are also having the same issue, tried to search for it in the scene but nothing comes up.

AldeRoberge likes this.