Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Addressable videos not working on Android

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by rmuk, Nov 26, 2018.

1. rmuk

rmuk

I have a mobile project (both iOS/Android) and I recently tried moving all of the video assets we have over to addressables. On iOS builds they play just fine, however on Android they do not load. I am seeing the following error:
    AndroidVideoMedia::OpenExtractor could not translate archive:/CAB-5ac6a43aade2e32bbe0b94c06f8a0126/CAB-5ac6a43aade2e32bbe0b94c06f8a0126.resource to local file. Make sure file exists, is on disk (not in memory) and not compressed.

Right below that is this:
    AndroidVideoMedia: Error opening extractor: -10004

Here is the code used to load the video:
    public void loadVideo(string imagePath)
    {
    Addressables.LoadAsset<VideoClip>(imagePath).Completed += onLoadDone;
    }

private void onLoadDone(UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.IAsyncOperation<VideoClip> obj)
    {
    GetComponent<VideoPlayer>().clip = obj.Result;
    }

Some other bits of info:
    - The file plays perfectly if i just include it in the project and don't use it with addressables
    - The file is HEVC

2. unity_bill

unity_bill

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the info, I've filed a bug in our system about this.

3. rmuk

rmuk

Thanks! Is this on a public bug tracker so that I can just watch that page for updates, or is it internal only?

4. MrCool92

MrCool92

This is because videos are inside compressed bundle and should not be... Just put them in streaming assets and stream them via url or uncompressed bundle.

Tip: enable send ready events of video player, subscribe to on frame ready and enable video canvas to avoid "last video frame" bug.

edit: correcting myself.. this behavior is not a bug.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  5. Piflik

Piflik

I get the same error with videos I try to load from the disk (not part of the apk, nor in an asset bundle or in streaming assets, just a video file in /storage/emulated/0/BUNDLE_IDENTIFIER).

6. nilsdr

nilsdr

MrCool92 likes this.
  7. vzlomvl

vzlomvl

Hi @unity_bill
    I have similar error on Android with loading of the Video from Addressable with Uncompressed remote group. Adressable version 1.6.2.
    Unity version 2018.4.17.
    Android version 9.0
    Do you have plan to fix this issue in upcoming releases? And if not, are there any workarounds for loading video from addressable remote group on Android?
    Thanks.

8. vzlomvl

vzlomvl

JFYI error message is the same:
    AndroidVideoMedia::OpenExtractor could not translate archive:/CAB-0e93fe237ec0f897d04b37ebb9d6d416/CAB-0e93fe237ec0f897d04b37ebb9d6d416.resource to local file. Make sure file exists, is on disk (not in memory) and not compressed.
    AndroidVideoMedia: Error opening extractor: -10004

9. florinel2102

florinel2102

For anyone who has the same issue caused by addresable system , try to build addressable (window->asset managment -> addresable -> build -> new build -> default build script) before exporting.

10. Dev_HNK

Dev_HNK

The following settings worked for me:

- Turn off Cache Compression in script: Caching.compressionEnabled = false;
    - Set Assetpack Compression to None

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
unityunity