Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Addressable videos not working on Android

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by rmuk, Nov 26, 2018.

1. rmuk

rmuk

I have a mobile project (both iOS/Android) and I recently tried moving all of the video assets we have over to addressables. On iOS builds they play just fine, however on Android they do not load. I am seeing the following error:
    AndroidVideoMedia::OpenExtractor could not translate archive:/CAB-5ac6a43aade2e32bbe0b94c06f8a0126/CAB-5ac6a43aade2e32bbe0b94c06f8a0126.resource to local file. Make sure file exists, is on disk (not in memory) and not compressed.

Right below that is this:
    AndroidVideoMedia: Error opening extractor: -10004

Here is the code used to load the video:
    public void loadVideo(string imagePath)
    {
    Addressables.LoadAsset<VideoClip>(imagePath).Completed += onLoadDone;
    }

private void onLoadDone(UnityEngine.ResourceManagement.IAsyncOperation<VideoClip> obj)
    {
    GetComponent<VideoPlayer>().clip = obj.Result;
    }

Some other bits of info:
    - The file plays perfectly if i just include it in the project and don't use it with addressables
    - The file is HEVC

2. unity_bill

unity_bill

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the info, I've filed a bug in our system about this.

3. rmuk

rmuk

Thanks! Is this on a public bug tracker so that I can just watch that page for updates, or is it internal only?

4. MrCool92

MrCool92

This is because videos are inside compressed bundle and should not be... Just put them in streaming assets and stream them via url or uncompressed bundle.

Tip: enable send ready events of video player, subscribe to on frame ready and enable video canvas to avoid "last video frame" bug.

edit: correcting myself.. this behavior is not a bug.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  5. Piflik

Piflik

I get the same error with videos I try to load from the disk (not part of the apk, nor in an asset bundle or in streaming assets, just a video file in /storage/emulated/0/BUNDLE_IDENTIFIER).

6. nilsdr

nilsdr

MrCool92 likes this.