Search Unity

Addressable Scenes losing their addressable checkmarks randomly

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by RecursiveFrog, Nov 24, 2018.

1. RecursiveFrog

RecursiveFrog

Version 0.4.8
    From time to time when I am testing my application in the editor, I will find that all my addressable scenes have lost their addressable checkmark. I've noticed that this appears to happen because the editor automatically adds all the scenes to the build in the Build Settings and then somehow leaves them enabled in the build after I stop play mode in the editor.

Worse, the same scenes appears multiple times in the build settings, so I'll see the scenes listed several times over. Curiously, selecting any one scene will also select its clones, and deleting that one scene will also delete its clones.

Because a scene cannot both be addressable and also in the build, this conflict ultimately ends in Unity un-addressing the addressable instead of removing the scene from the Scenes In Build list.

I cannot find a reliable repro for this, or else I would submit this as a bug in the bug reporter.

2. rachelgarza

rachelgarza

Unity Technologies

Hey!

Yes, unfortunately this is a known problem. We're hoping to get a fix in for this in the next release. Sorry for the trouble!