Search Unity

Feedback Addressable Scene will become empty if I put it in folder named AddressableAssets

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by SolarianZ, Jun 28, 2019.

1. SolarianZ

SolarianZ

Addressables version: 1.1.4p.

Repro:
    1 create a folder named AddressableAssets.
    2 create a scene and put it in AddressableAssets folder .
    3 mark the scene as addressable.
    4 load the scene by method Addressables.LoadSceneAsync().
    5 after scene loaded, everything in it will be destroyed!

2. unity_bill

unity_bill

wow. we'll definitely check this out. Really sorry this happened to you!

3. Yuri-Cruz

Yuri-Cruz

still getting this error, using 2019.2.0f1, if the scene is on Assets root it loads perfectly, but inside any other folder load as empty.

4. gilley033

gilley033

Necroing this old thread because I am seeing something similar.

In my case I have manually removed the asset bundle containing the scene (because I am trying to test some error handling code). So theoretically the load operation should fail, but somehow it is loading the scene but the scene has no objects in it.

I read somewhere that in the editor the scene will be loaded even if there is no asset bundle for it. I wonder if what is happening is, when it cannot find the asset bundle it tries to load the scene using editor magic, but this method fails somehow and loads a scene with the same name but with no objects.

If I build the project it tells me the asset bundle is missing. What's really strange is that it was not doing this before, and I have no updated the Addressable Package or my version of Unity. I did change some of my own code and can't rule out the issue being on my end, but I am just not understanding how it is still loading the scene when the asset bundle containing it has been removed.