Search Unity

Addressable Object doesnt seem to get updated when changed. Is this a bug?

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by sskenth, Mar 7, 2020.

1. sskenth

sskenth

Hi, so I'm having an issue when I try to make a simple change to a game object and update server content.

For some reason, the change doesn't seem to take place for remote files. I can't work out why.

Please see this video for a full explanation of the problem.

I'd appreciate any help

-Sat

2. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

We've flagged this for the team to have a look. Which version of the package and editor are you using?

3. sskenth

sskenth

Thanks for getting back to me, really need this for our project.

The Unity version is 2019.3.3f1

Addressables version is 1.1.10 [2019.3 verified]

Will there be a way to know if or when this issue is fixed?

Thanks again

-Sat

4. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @sskenth thanks of the very detailed video. You answered a lot of the questions there that I was going to ask about your setup. First off, I will say 1.1.10 is actually a fairly old version of the package. I would try updating to 1.6.2 just to double check that the issue hasn't already been resolved. Otherwise... we may need your project to look deeper into it. If you'd file a bug with Unity and post the case number here it'd be a huge help.

I know you said the group doesn't have static content enabled but just curious (because maybe in 1.1.10 it got flagged incorrectly) if you do the prepare for content update step does anything show up in there? I assume not but I figured I'd ask.

5. sskenth

sskenth

Hi David thanks for getting back to me.

I've submitted a case. (Case 1228223)

I tried upgrading, thanks for the suggestion, it was odd as I didnt even realise a newer version was out. Non the less the issue is still there. I couldnt see the static checkbox on the version though.

Please let me know how things progress. Happy to send you my email if you need more info I think you can also get it directly from my YT channel too.

Thanks again

-Sat

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    davidla_unity likes this.
unityunity