Search Unity

Addressable issue: Materials / textures load in strangely [Addressables 1.6.2] [Unity 2019.3.2f1]

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by JoWi_Uniform, Feb 24, 2020.

1. JoWi_Uniform

JoWi_Uniform

We have noticed an issue with addressables after updating unity version and addressables version via the package manager.
    Unity seems to be disregarding / poorly handling texture maps in objects using mask maps, so our assets come through with incorrect smoothness/normals/textures, see image for example:

PrefabVsAddressableIssue.png

This is runtime in editor, on the right is an asset spawned through addressable system, on the left is the prefab from the editor dragged into scene, both have identical material setups when inspected. I can adjust colours but not textures in the addressables material, and settings act strangely / don't respond at all.

We have also rebuilt the addressables multiple times and cleared our target remote path to ensure we are targeting assets built in the right version.

Is this a known issue? Can anyone suggest any fixes?

Cheers,
    Joe.

2. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey Joe,

I'm not aware of an issue like this. Would you mind submitting a case with Unity and posting the case number here? This sounds like something we need to look into.

3. IntenceCrankerer

IntenceCrankerer

Hi,

I run in the same issue with Unity 2019.3.5f...

After updating to Unity 2019.3.9f the issue is gone. Assets with shaders a working correctly now.