Search Unity

Addressable Groups disappearing

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by Cfirzi, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Cfirzi

Cfirzi

Hey,

It seems to happen every now and than, we are not sure whats the cause and when it happens but we mainly notice this after pulling commits from git

this is very broken and unreliable behavior !
    anyone know this or a reason this might happen ?

Thanks !

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  2. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

I'll flag this for the team to have a look. Which version of the editor and Addressables are you using?

Cfirzi likes this.
  3. Cfirzi

Cfirzi

Hey Trey,
    I'm using Unity 2019.2.15f1 with Addressables package 1.4.0
    I think it also might be related to switching git branches...

Thanks!

4. Cfirzi

Cfirzi

any updates on this ?

5. jirimotejlek

jirimotejlek

I observe exactly this problem for at least a year now with all versions of Addressables, currently with 1.16.19 and Unity 2021.1.11f1. To be speciffic, the content of the window Addressables Groups completely dissapears from time to time.

6. Cfirzi

Cfirzi

You can try this...
    I also had suffered from this issue for a log time and almost on a weekly basis, what finally solved it was to completely remove the addressables package from the project (the initial package I installed was one of the first with lots of bugs)
    when I reimported the newest version at the time the issue just disappeared and never came back (about a year ago).

My guess is that some of the addressables old (and buggy) config files caused it and once I reset it completely it solved it.

I hope this will help

7. ohthepain

ohthepain

My Addressables groups just disappeared on my after switching platform from iOS to Standalone. I am on the latest verified version of the addressables package, 1.16.19.