Search Unity

Addressable Bundles are too large

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by David_GameDev, Nov 25, 2019.

1. David_GameDev

David_GameDev

Hey there,

I´ve got a Problem with the Size of the Bundles that are build by the Addressables, and I am not sure wheter I just haven´t set the compression, or if it is intended that way, but I a lot of smaller Textures set as Addressables. All together they are roughly 81mb unbuild. But as soon as they are packaged, they are 442mb large. Is that size really supposed to be so big?
    Sorry if it is a newbie question, I just can´t seem to find the setting for it or any other solution currently.
    Thanks in Advance,

David

2. Kazko

Kazko

Could this be that the assets have duplicate references, resulting in them being packed into multiple groups as redundant copies? I'm a newbie to addressables as well, so that's just a thought that came up ...

David_GameDev likes this.
  3. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

It is very possible that you're pulling in more implicit data than you intend to. In the Analyze tool you can run a rule called Build Bundle Layout (soon to be named Preview Bundle Layout) which should show all the explicit and implicit data that is getting built into your bundles.

Try that and let me know if what you're seeing doesn't make sense.

Thanks!

David_GameDev likes this.
  4. David_GameDev

David_GameDev

@DavidUnity3d no, it all seems correct, nothing extra in the bundles. Is it possible that the compression of the file is dependend on the OS? So the textures are pretty small on my Windows, but bundled for Android they are larger?

5. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

Hmm.. I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case, but even so I wouldn't expect your size to be that much larger. On your Default Addressable group what do you have the compression set to? You can find it on the Content Packing & Loading schema under Advanced Options.

Do you have a project you'd be able to share (either here or via a bug report through Unity) so that I could look at this?