Search Unity

Question Addressable Beginner's questions

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by Gamrek, May 19, 2020.

1. Gamrek

Gamrek

Hi all,

I only just started to look into addressable system today. And I have a few questions that I would like ask, hopefully I can get some answers in here. Thanks in advance!

1. Where do you suggest I should host the content/bundle? I am using Playfab for my players' data/save and I am hoping I can put everything into one platform so it is easier for me manage. I found a guy online showing how that can be done, but I couldn't make it working. Alternatively, I am thinking about using Azure, do you have any other suggestions?
    2. While I was doing some testing, I marked a background image (sprite renderer) as addressable and give it a name. And when I run "Analyse Selected Rule" under "Analyse window", it gives me a warning and said it is a duplicated dependency which confuses me as it was just a simple background with nothing attach, does it mean I need to mark the background jpg as addressable too?
    3. How do I separate asset bundle to pack in a specific way? For example if I have asset for Level 1 - 10, and Level 11 - 20. Will Unity pack everything into one bundle? If so, how do I separate the asset into two different bundle, so when players download the content, they will only download what they need?

Update:

I ended up using Azure by following this guy's help: https://medium.com/@badgerdox/how-to-use-unity3d-addressable-assets-with-an-azure-blob-fcf4ec5683c7

I made a Azure container and setup everything. However I am facing some other issues when I try to instantiate a simple game object with an image.

Here is my log:

Screenshot 2020-05-20 at 10.56.48.png

And here is my code:
    Screenshot 2020-05-20 at 10.59.51.png

From there I clear see I was able to get the status as "Succeeded" and manage to get the result count as "1" because there is only 1 object in the bundle. And the PrimaryKey is correct. It looks to me that it can get the right information but I can't instantiate the object. Why is that?

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  2. DennisWardAltair

DennisWardAltair

I'm getting this same thing and also followed the tutorial by badgerdox... Were you able to solve this?

Anatolii_Landyshev likes this.