Search Unity

Addressable assets not building in Cloud Build after upgrade to 1.1.9

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by Glaswyll, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Glaswyll

Glaswyll

This was working in 1.1.7. Another community member posted a scripted solution for the pre-export config option.

Prior to 1.1.9, the assets would build and get packaged in the zip file, but now the directory is empty except for catalog.json, link.xml and settings.json.

The PreExport method looks like the following:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.     static public void PreExport()
    2.     {
    3.         Debug.Log("BuildAddressablesProcessor.PreExport start");
    4.         AddressableAssetSettings.CleanPlayerContent(AddressableAssetSettingsDefaultObject.Settings.ActivePlayerDataBuilder);
    5.         AddressableAssetSettings.BuildPlayerContent();
    6.         Debug.Log("BuildAddressablesProcessor.PreExport done");
    7.     }
    I haven't changed the config for it since upgrading to 1.1.9. The build succeeds, but the logs look like they start, but don't build the assets. Building from the Editor works fine.

I also tried a clean build from the Cloud Build menu with the same result.

I went through my build history and compared logs between 1.1.7 and 1.1.9 and sure enough, the logs from 1.1.7 are much more extensive between when PreExport starts and finishes.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  2. Glaswyll

Glaswyll

Here are the log snippets between PreExport start and done.

Attached Files:

3. Favo-Yang

Favo-Yang

Thanks for reporting the issue. The cloud build pre-export script has no issue. The problem is a critical bug that relaunch unity editor will mark all addressable paths as *missing file*. So the system won't detect any assets to build. Same result for Editor > Addressables > Build > Build Player Content.

https://forum.unity.com/threads/addressables-1-1-9-keeps-losing-assets.733337/

@Glaswyll if you confirm the bug, could you comment on that thread for your Unity version?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  4. Glaswyll

Glaswyll

I'm using 2019.2.1f1 and the editor builds the Addressable assets just fine. I've also selected this version in the Cloud Build config settings.

5. Favo-Yang

Favo-Yang

If editor build just fine for you, then it maybe something else. Anyway, I'm not going to test more version until the missing file bug get fixed.