Search Unity

Addressable Assets Error: INCORRECT HASH

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by martin_unity660, Oct 16, 2019.

1. martin_unity660

martin_unity660

Hi,

since a couple of days we have the error INCORRECT HASH when building the Addressables Assets for our project.

The full error looks like this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Exception: INCORRECT HASH: the same hash (53430400) for different dependency lists:
    2. source 1: System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1[System.Object]
    3. source 2: System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1[System.Object]
    4.   at UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.ResourceLocators.ContentCatalogData.CalculateCollectedHash (System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] objects, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue] hashSources) [0x0002d] in /p4/ghost-racing/incrementalDev/client-ios/client/GhostRacing/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.2.4/Runtime/ResourceLocators/ContentCatalogData.cs:499
    5.   at UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.ResourceLocators.ContentCatalogData.SetData (System.Collections.Generic.IList`1[T] data) [0x0027f] in /p4/ghost-racing/incrementalDev/client-ios/client/GhostRacing/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.2.4/Runtime/ResourceLocators/ContentCatalogData.cs:424
    6.   at UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.ResourceLocators.ContentCatalogData..ctor (System.Collections.Generic.IList`1[T] entries) [0x0004b] in /p4/ghost-racing/incrementalDev/client-ios/client/GhostRacing/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.2.4/Runtime/ResourceLocators/ContentCatalogData.cs:308
    7.   at UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Build.DataBuilders.BuildScriptPackedMode.DoBuild[TResult] (UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Build.AddressablesDataBuilderInput builderInput, UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Build.DataBuilders.AddressableAssetsBuildContext aaContext) [0x00283] in /p4/ghost-racing/incrementalDev/client-ios/client/GhostRacing/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.2.4/Editor/Build/DataBuilders/BuildScriptPackedMode.cs:157
    8.   at UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Build.DataBuilders.BuildScriptPackedMode.BuildDataImplementation[TResult] (UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Build.AddressablesDataBuilderInput builderInput) [0x00149] in /p4/ghost-racing/incrementalDev/client-ios/client/GhostRacing/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.2.4/Editor/Build/DataBuilders/BuildScriptPackedMode.cs:91
    9.   at UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Build.DataBuilders.BuildScriptBase.BuildData[TResult] (UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Build.AddressablesDataBuilderInput builderInput) [0x00059] in /p4/ghost-racing/incrementalDev/client-ios/client/GhostRacing/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.2.4/Editor/Build/DataBuilders/BuildScriptBase.cs:63
    10.   at VLive.Tools.Application.Editor.Builder.Build () [0x005bd] in /p4/ghost-racing/incrementalDev/client-ios/client/GhostRacing/Assets/Tools/Application/Editor/Scripts/Builder.cs:293
    The error is not 100% reproducible. 7 of 10 times the build of the addressable assets is failing with with INCORRECT HASH.

Unity: 2018.4.8f1
    Addressables: 1.2.4

[Update]
    I found in the the Addressables 1.2.2 release notes: Fixed hash calculations to avoid collisions.
    It seems the change in the hash calculation is causing the issue. We had to downgrade downgrade to 1.1.10.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  2. CodeBombQuinn

CodeBombQuinn

I also just updated to 1.2.4 and see this happening on our build machines. I was previously on 1.1.10 also and didn't have this issue. Looks like I'll have to revert back now.

I'm in Unity 2019.1.11f1

3. CodeBombQuinn

CodeBombQuinn

@DavidUnity3d Is there a way to move this post into the Addressables forums? Don't want it to go unnoticed.

4. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey @CodeBombQuinn I'm not sure if we can move the thread. I'll check. Thanks for pinging me. For the actual issue @martin_unity660 we have a fix that has just gone into our master branch to fix the hashing. It'll be available in the next Addressables release. Hope that helps!

CodeBombQuinn likes this.
  5. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

6. martin_unity660

martin_unity660

davidla_unity likes this.