Search Unity

addressable: ad-instances show up as pink or none in windows, proper in target device

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by laurentlavigne, Jun 23, 2020.

1. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

Target device uses Vulkan.
    Addressables are instantiated at run time properly on it, proper colors and textures.
    On windows however they show up as pink or not at all
    Yet I did set windows to vulkan.
    upload_2020-6-22_17-18-24.png
    Notes that static objects in the scene, same as the ones instanced, show up fine.

2. ProtoTerminator

ProtoTerminator

What's the actual build target you're building for? If you built the bundles for StandaloneWindows(64), they should load in windows editor.

3. Sheng-Deng

Sheng-Deng

I have the similar issue to build and load addressable into Android vulkan then got issue for all shaders (especially the build-in ones). Everything is fine when switching back to OpenGLES3 in PlayerSettings

laurentlavigne likes this.
  4. Sheng-Deng

Sheng-Deng

Ok, it sounds weird but I got things working by doing: Project Settings -> Player -> Setting for PC, Mac & Linux -> Other Settings -> Uncheck the auto graphic setting for Windows (or Linux) -> add Vulkan and move it to the top -> restart Editor (for Windows - that replace the Editor's backend Graphic API, seems no need to restart for Mac), rebuild the Addressables, then the bundles works for Android vulkan App now.

Hope this help!

Warmacha and laurentlavigne like this.
  5. florinel2102

florinel2102

Same problem , I think it's enough to just rebuild Addressables and then build apk .