Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Build games and experiences that can load instantly and without install. Explore the Project Tiny Preview today!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Additive tracks in the timeline

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by emotiontales, May 27, 2017.

1. emotiontales

emotiontales

Hello!
    Timeline is amazing! Thank you!
    But is it possible to use additive blending in the timeline for applying multiple animations for one character at the same time (like layers in Animator window)? Or now it is possible to create only Owerride tracks and blending two animations for one character is impossible in timelines?

2. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

Not yet, right now it's only possible to override animations. Additive blends aren't supported yet.

3. Reanimate_L

Reanimate_L

will it be considered in the future? could be a good tool for lipsync/visemes tool

4. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

For sure - it's on our backlog of features. We don't have immediate plans to implement it, but plans can change depending on the feedback we receive.

MadSage and Reanimate_L like this.
  5. AndrewKaninchen

AndrewKaninchen

*feedbacks in favor of feature*

ModLunar likes this.
  6. Matthew_Religios

Matthew_Religios

I too would love to see this feature implemented. :)

7. DriesVienne

DriesVienne

Our team would benefit from this feature as well

8. Reanimate_L

Reanimate_L

9. MadSage

MadSage

We really need this!

10. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

Sorry, no good update on this. It's not explicitly on the near term items we are working on, but some related work by the animation team could make this feasible sooner.

11. Automoda

Automoda

Yeah I dunno. Without more complicated animation blending I dont know how you'd make a movie using Unity, which is kinda what timeline/cinemachine is all about. I've been thinking that there must be a way to grab control of an animation controller via timeline and do it that way. Otherwise, I can see a Unity Store product waiting for someone to code it.

12. g6k

g6k

Definitely need.

13. ModLunar

ModLunar

This would be amazing to have! I'm trying to blend a timeline on top of my Animator and it definitely has been very difficult

14. TSC_Lindy

TSC_Lindy

We absolutely need this :)

15. tealm

tealm

Yeah we def. need this! I think it's odd that Unity releases Timeline without supporting core features that you'd expect to be supported. (Like animation layer blending, Audio track playback in Editor, Access to PlayableBehaviour LateUpdate/FixedUpdate etc.).

With these missing "core" features it's not really feasible to use in production in the current state of Timeline.

16. Andrey-Zhukov

Andrey-Zhukov

Hi! I also vote for this feature :)

17. SmorgasOfBorg

SmorgasOfBorg

On a similar note, I was hoping to be able to do something similar to the Layering functionality available within the Animator Controller. Via my Timeline cut scene, I wanted to play a "Kneel from Standing" clip, followed by a looping "Working on Something" clip, then a "Stand From Kneeling" clip. Outside of Timeline, in my Animator Controller, I have the "Working on Something" on a layer masked for just the upper body, so he can be "Working on Something" from either a standing or kneeling pose. I cannot see a way to make this happen via Timeline. I don't even think its feasible to switch to having 2 animations ("Kneel and Work on Something" and "Stand and Work on Something"), because the time spent "Working" (which is a looped clip on its own right now) is up for grabs. It's not a set amount of time every time. I can manage that with a variable and transitions in the Animator Controller, but if I wanted to control that loop via Timeline, I don't see a way.

18. GonzoGan

GonzoGan

Agree, really needed here too.
    How to vote for this feature?

ModLunar likes this.
  19. sacb0y

sacb0y

I'm also throwing my hat in the ring... this would be a welcome feature! especially for smaller subtle animations!

20. mradfo21

mradfo21

Definitely could really use