Search Unity

Additive Level Loading

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by taslaq, Jun 23, 2011.

1. taslaq

taslaq

This tool allow you from converting any level into a sequence of additively loaded levels through drawing regions inside the scene with settings in the inspector showing each level to be generated and not that only it gives you a detailed report about each one of them including the number of objects, distance, the total uncompressed size of the level, even you can set selected objects to be streamed out when a new level is loaded and works with both Pro and Free versions. Imagine being able to start playing a 2MB Level starting from 100Kb and while playing it will be additively loading, this is very important when submitting to portals that requires the game to start playing at a certain size and even when you want to deploy a game for the web playe

http://u3d.as/content/mixed-dimensions/additive-level-loading/1B6

http://www.youtube.com/user/MXDTools#p/u/6/oPrXeXW0L5U

2. Acissathar

Acissathar

I'm pretty sure that u3d.as is the asset store web preview URL. In fact I'm almost certain because everyone else posting "asset store" links all begin in u3d.as

3. RichBosworth

RichBosworth

I don't see how anybody could have missed out on this!

Regarding the tool, I can see it very useful for larger levels.

4. softrare

softrare

Of course it's legit ;) But admittedly if one never visited the asset store or browsed this asset store subforum it could seem like from a third party.. not the case, moving on.

@Taslaq Your youtube link is non-clickable. Could you correct that?

5. taslaq

taslaq

6. pkid

pkid

I think it looks like it could be useful, I would even consider buying it but it would be nice if there was a little more in depth information or a more detailed video.

7. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

You might want to put a price in your first post. :D

8. JRavey

JRavey

Frankly, additive level loading is pretty basic, but I guess a wrapper around it is nice. What would really be popular is if it would cleanly do subtractive unloads. Subtractive unloading is something I would like in Unity 4, so a manager wouldn't be needed to track things for removal.

Still, I could see this being handy for some folks.

9. baha

baha

I will post a more detailed video about it soon :D but however it has unloading functionality as well and a visual way of doing additive loading with intense reporting about the size, time to load and number of objects for each level as well as it is as easy as drawing circles.