Search Unity

Additive Level Loading by Mixed Dimensions

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Muhannad, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Muhannad

Muhannad

Additive Level Loading By Mixed Dimensions

This tool allow you from converting any level into a sequence of additively loaded levels through drawing regions inside the scene with settings in the inspector showing each level to be generated and not that only it gives you a detailed report about each one of them including the number of objects, distance, the total uncompressed size of the level and even more . Imagine being able to start playing a 2MB Level starting from 100Kb and while playing it will be additively loading, this is very important when submitting to portals that requires the game to start playing at a certain size and even when you want to deploy a game for the web player.

http://u3d.as/content/mixed-dimensions/additive-level-loading/1B6

Check it out at the #AssetStore

2. afalk

afalk

Looks interesting but I am guessing that this requires Unity 3.2 Pro?

3. baha

baha

If you want to load the level asynchronously then yes it requires Pro but you can customize it to do additive loading (non asynchronous) by modifying the AdditiveLoad script until the next update which will have more indie friendly features

4. larvantholos

larvantholos

Will you be able to unload levels too? >..>

5. afalk

afalk

Interesting :) I'll be very interested in the next update release!

6. baha

baha

the new update is available now and indie friendly "works with the free version" with the ability to stream out objects as well :)

7. afalk

afalk

Thanks for the heads up! Adding it to my list of must-haves.

8. baha

baha

your welcome ;)

9. Deleted User

Deleted User

I would like to buy this product...but lack of info is stopping me..

I have unity indie license..I want to have a 20 mb game file, hosted, at lets say kongergrate..server has a game file size limit...I want to load the first scenes, (0)splash,(1)intro,(2)main menu, right away..then as user is viewing/interacting w/ those screens, stream an additional 10 mbs on levels in the background..10 levels 1 mbs each, from my dedicated server....is this posible with this package??

Is the levels/objects being streamed have to be in the published game file??
    Is there any better documentation on exactly what this does, and how??

P-

10. Dreamora

Dreamora

That requires unity pro, with free unity you can't do this at all technically (requires either asset bundle or streaming scenes)

11. pkid

pkid

I'm in the same boat, I would like to buy this but there is not enough information available. I wish Mixed Dimensions would provide more details. If they did they would probably sell a lot more.