Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Additive layer - scaling problem

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by Kubold, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Kubold

Kubold

Hi,

Seems like the additive animations work strange in Unity 5 beta.

additive.jpg

He's supposed to look down, and he does, but he's all scaled up geometrically (so first bone x10, second x100 and so on). Those are the same animations that worked fine in Unity 4.5 and 4.6 beta.
    In Unity 5 they seem to add not only the rotations, but also the scaling... which gives those funny results :)

Or am I missing something?

Btw. it looks like that (scaled up), even if the additive animations have no scaling keys, or even if it has scale key 0.

Jakub

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  2. Per

Per

Looks hilarious. Keep it!

3. Kubold

Kubold

"It's not a bug, it's a feature!"

Big heads - always awesome :)

4. Kubold

Kubold

Correction. It's not x10. It's x2 for every bone in the hierachy. So the second bone is x2x2, third is x2x2x2 etc.

5. camposanto_will

camposanto_will

I have this exact same problem. Seems like additive layers should apply their scale as (Scale - 1). Or we should be able to mask out scale from a layer or clip entirely.

Also, given that scale is inherited, even that wouldn't necessarily work correctly if you animation had scaling per bone out of your modelling tool.

I am sure I can fix this using script, but having an official way to do this in the Mecanim Editor would be very nice.

6. DanSuperGP

DanSuperGP

That is an awesome bug.

7. Kubold

Kubold

Yup, simple Set Scale 1.0 every frame, on every bone fixes it. Well... more like overrides it.