Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Additive Animation Layer destroys character stance

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Darkkingdom, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Darkkingdom

Darkkingdom

Hey guys

I'm currently having a little trouble with my additive attack animation layer.

In theory, it should control the arms with a humanoid avatarmask with each attack.
    After the attack, it should make the transition back to the "None" node, which doesn't contain an animation.
    Well in reality, after the attack animation is played once my character has always this nice stance.

I think the problem is that the "None" node (without an animation), is keeping the positioning from the attack animations which played before.
    I know that additive animation are considering the "Additive Reference Pose".
    This is set to the idle pose, I tried a few different Time settings, but there was no difference.

The model and animations are from mixamo.
    I don't know if setting the weight of the layer via code is a great option either, since I can't create a smooth transition with that.

Does anyone have an idea how to approach this?

2. Grhyll

Grhyll

Hopefully you've already unstuck yourself, but just in case, I think your approach isn't the right one (if I have the right idea of what the anims actually are), and you should probably use an Override layer with an AvatarMask set to only enable the arm.

Darkkingdom likes this.