Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

ADDITIONAL LIGHTS BECOMES DISABLED AUTOMATICALLY....?

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by vamosfa, Apr 23, 2020.

1. vamosfa

vamosfa

Hi all,

I am using a Unity custom Renderer in URP project. I do not know why, when I click Play in the Render Pipeline settings/Lighting/Additional Lights becomes Disabled automatically, so my character uses a Lantern, but as Additional Lights becomes disabled, he can´t use it, if I press the button to turn on lantern the Lantern starts blinking showing a conflict between the Renderer wanting to turn off light, and me wanting to have the Spotlight on.

I tried with the default URP renderer coming in the project and everything works properly, but in this URP custom Pipeline, Additional Lights always is turn off when clicking Play.
    I know it is a problem of something that I set in my project but I do not know what it is.
    Unity v. 2019.3.9f1. The renderer in conflict is this one by Unity https://learn.unity.com/tutorial/cu...9.1477859984.1587297892-660016675.1585840625#

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  2. Vaupell

Vaupell

Can confirm same issue on current version 2019.3.10f, lights being turned off, when when set to important its like some lights "override" other lights.

one simple way to reproduce is using pointlights in a small area,
    put up a wall, add the lights point down from it, maybe 6-7 lights

then add "imaginary" cealling (also pointlights) lights, if they are to close they turn of the first series
    if you add like a switch and turn the cealing ones on/off they also toggle the first series even when not connected in anyway.

Only happens for me on URP.

vamosfa likes this.
  3. vamosfa

vamosfa

Thanks for replying. Maybe it is a fail only of URP. It is strange until the point of make think that there was a setup misunderstanding by myself of URP. I hope Unity fixes it.

4. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the reports! I'll forward this over to the team for them to review.

vamosfa likes this.
  5. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Hey @vamosfa, is this an Addressables issue? I don't see anywhere in your posts above that you're using Addressables. Thanks!

6. vamosfa

vamosfa

Hi! I did not install the Addressable package in Package Manager, if it is what you mean.

The problem is already solved, I do not know why, but I solved it in this way:

I changed the camera Rendering option from Default (Outline PostEffect) to Outline PostEffect. From my understanding, it is exactly the same Renderer, but I do not why the non-default option has no the automatically deactivated Additional Lights issue.

upload_2020-5-10_20-34-47.png

Cheers!