Search Unity

Adding timestamps to Cloud build logs

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by tonemcbride, Jul 18, 2019.

1. tonemcbride

tonemcbride

Hi,

Recently our iOS builds have been extremely slow compared to local builds - they're taking around 10 hours. The logs look fine but I can't tell where it's spending most of it's time so was wondering if the build logs could have timestamps on each line so I can see what's going on? The checkout time is pretty minimal so I'd like to track down what's happening.

Thanks!

henriqueranj likes this.
  2. victorw

victorw

Yeah we've been planning to add timestamps to the logs for a while but it's a lot trickier than you'd think especially since logs on a decent size project can be so large that they're hard to store in memory. You can probably find some useful timing data in the Build Steps view (still in beta and the UI is a bit confusing but it should give you what you need). You can find Build Steps by going to your build logs and then clicking on the Build Steps tab.

3. tonemcbride

tonemcbride

Thanks @victorw , part of my problem was that the asset cache had been disabled for some reason so enabling that has helped the build times a lot. It seems like most of the time was spent in shader compilation but luckily that is cached on subsequent builds.

victorw likes this.