Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Adding the Ruby's 2D Adventure Asset

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by RichAllen2023, Feb 26, 2023.

1. RichAllen2023

RichAllen2023

Above.

I downloaded the Asset last week, and have tried to click "Open in Unity" and it doesn't work.

I'm on Ubuntu 20.04.

Help!

I can provide a screenshot shortly.

Basically, I click "Open in Unity" in Chrome browser, and nothing happens! And no, I don't have another browser.

Attached Files:

2. BABIA_GameStudio

BABIA_GameStudio

Why don't you just go into Unity and import it there then? It's not like the Open In Unity button is the only way to get your assets into it.

3. RichAllen2023

RichAllen2023

I tried that, it's not happening.

4. BABIA_GameStudio

BABIA_GameStudio

What have you tried, and what is "not happening", and in what way? You have not said anything of what you did to try loading it through Unity so far. You should just be using the package manager like you would for other assets you get from the asset store.

5. RichAllen2023

RichAllen2023

I tried the package manager, all there is is .json files, no actual package files.

And no, I don't have a screenshot except the one I posted this morning.

6. BABIA_GameStudio

BABIA_GameStudio

Well I just tried it through the package manager and it all imports fine. Not "all there is is .json files" - it contains all of the package details as documented on the asset store page.

If you want us to help you, then you need to provide the steps you have tried to actually import the asset - which at the moment you don't seem to want to tell us. All you keep saying is that things don't work, but won't explain what part of the asset loading isn't actually working or even what step-by-step process you are trying (just saying "I tried the package manager..." is not really enough).

The asset imports with no problems, it even updates my project from 2019.3.x to 2021.4.x.

If you feel like telling us exactly the steps you are following, and which steps don't seem to be working, then I am sure someone will be able to help you out.

7. AnaWilliam850

AnaWilliam850

There could be several reasons why "Open in Unity" isn't working for you in Ubuntu 20.04. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Make sure you have Unity installed on your system. You can check this by running the following command in the terminal:

css
      unity3d --version

If you don't have Unity installed, you can download it from the official website: https://unity.com/.

2. Check if the Unity browser extension is installed and enabled. In Chrome, click the three dots in the top right corner and select "More Tools" > "Extensions". Look for the Unity plugin and make sure it's enabled.

3. Try disabling any ad blockers or extensions that may be interfering with the Unity plugin.

4. Clear your browser cache and cookies and try again.

5. If none of the above steps work, try downloading the asset manually and importing it into Unity. You can do this by downloading the asset from the website and then importing it into Unity by selecting "Assets" > "Import Package" > "Custom Package" in the Unity Editor.
    If you're still having issues, feel free to provide a screenshot and more details about the problem, and I'll try to help you further.