Search Unity

adding props Mixamo hands[solved]

Discussion in 'Animation' started by sleepydude99, Nov 10, 2014.

1. sleepydude99

sleepydude99

Ok, so I'm sure I can't be the only one to ask, I've seen other posts but no solid answer.

In general, adding a prop is as simple as dragging it from the asset window, into the project, and adding it to the appropriate body part, followed by simple position adjustments, correct? So a helmet, I would draw it as a child of the head, position it, and it will follow the head.

Here's the problem. I have a baseball bat. When placing it in the scene, I have to attach it to the "body", because the Mixamo model doesn't differentiate between a hand and a chest (but it does for legs/feet), there are no children, just "body". The arms still move, but the prop only moves in relation to the entire torso and doesn't follow the arms. If I add it in relation to the T pose, it stays there but moves up and down with the idle motion, despite the arms at the sides.

So here's the question. Do I need to open up the model in 3d software and define the hands/arms somehow, or is there a method to connecting the specific items that I'm missing?

*edit:

My bad. I had assumed that the hips only contained the bones below the waist, but they hold the entire skeleton. Need to apply it there instead of the mesh.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014