Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

adding props Mixamo hands[solved]

Discussion in 'Animation' started by sleepydude99, Nov 10, 2014.

1. sleepydude99

sleepydude99

Ok, so I'm sure I can't be the only one to ask, I've seen other posts but no solid answer.

In general, adding a prop is as simple as dragging it from the asset window, into the project, and adding it to the appropriate body part, followed by simple position adjustments, correct? So a helmet, I would draw it as a child of the head, position it, and it will follow the head.

Here's the problem. I have a baseball bat. When placing it in the scene, I have to attach it to the "body", because the Mixamo model doesn't differentiate between a hand and a chest (but it does for legs/feet), there are no children, just "body". The arms still move, but the prop only moves in relation to the entire torso and doesn't follow the arms. If I add it in relation to the T pose, it stays there but moves up and down with the idle motion, despite the arms at the sides.

So here's the question. Do I need to open up the model in 3d software and define the hands/arms somehow, or is there a method to connecting the specific items that I'm missing?

*edit:

My bad. I had assumed that the hips only contained the bones below the waist, but they hold the entire skeleton. Need to apply it there instead of the mesh.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014