Search Unity

Question Adding properties freezes shader graph

Discussion in 'Shader Graph' started by alanmthomas, May 29, 2019.

1. alanmthomas

alanmthomas

I'm running into issues within Shader Graph (5.7.2) when adding new properties. I can add the first few without any issues, but once I get to my fifth property, the whole shader graph window freezes. In order to use it again, I need to close the window, save the asset, and then reopen the graph window. I need to go through this process whenever I attempt to add a new property after the first time this occurs.

Am I alone in experiencing this issue?

dr4 likes this.
  2. alexandral_unity

alexandral_unity

Unity Technologies

Please try using the most up to date version of the SRP and Shader Graph, which I believe should be 5.13.x, and see if the issues persist. Older version may have bugs that are fixed in newer releases.

3. alanmthomas

alanmthomas

Hi,

I'm actually using 6.7.1 and encountering the issue. Should I downgrade to 5.13.x?

4. alexandral_unity

alexandral_unity

Unity Technologies

Are you using the 2019.2 beta version?

5. alanmthomas

alanmthomas

I am. It seems the issue goes away if I downgrade to 6.5.3 but a host of other issues come up. I'm guessing now this is a result of the beta testing phase?

6. MlleBun

MlleBun

This bug is also in official 2019.2 with the new Shadergraph. @alexandral_unity is this on your backlog? Thanks.

7. alexandral_unity

alexandral_unity

Unity Technologies

It's on our backlog and we're investigating the issue.

P_Jong and Flazone like this.
  8. NickDWilliams

NickDWilliams

So I have looked into the issue tracker on this issue and it seems to say that the issue has been fixed in version 7.0.0, which is great. However, is there any chance it can be fixed in an earlier patch, or is there a way to know when 7.0.0 should be released? This seems to be a very critical bug, so I would think that they would release the fix as soon as possible?

Edit: For reference, here is the link to the issue tracker that I found
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...s-when-a-new-property-is-added-via-blackboard

P_Jong likes this.
  9. P_Jong

P_Jong

This is a bit frustrating. I'm getting this as well. I only upgraded to 2019.2 and LWRP 6.9.1because of another LWRP bug that I reported and was reproducible by the bug team in LWRP 5.x. And they told me to upgrade. I'm going to work around it for now. I need to have a demo of my game in 25 days to show some fellow devs at Oculus Connect 6. I wasn't planning to upgrade to Unity 2019.3 and LTS till after my VR game is published this Fall. Let me end on a positive note sand say I do love LWRP and the boost to performance in VR.

10. Derik-Stavast

Derik-Stavast

I am also encountering this issue and I am using unity 2019.2.5f1 with Shader Graph version 6.91

P_Jong likes this.
  11. alexandral_unity

alexandral_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi, this is fixed in version 6.9.2 for 2019.2 and should already be fixed in 2019.3 beta using 7.1.1 and higher versions. We had a few hiccups with our publishing system but the package should be available via package manager soon.

DemonFangZ and P_Jong like this.
  12. konsic

konsic

Please refactor VFX graph/shader graph update, and VFX trails in 6.9.3.

13. MlleBun

MlleBun

14. nikefootbag

nikefootbag

How do you get Version 6.9.2 or later in the package manager?
    I can only see up to 6.9.1 using 2019.2.8f1 and Show preview packages is ticked.

Thanks

15. MlleBun

MlleBun

I don't think it's available right now, or probably in a Beta version which I'm not using. So I can't tell. Anyway, as you'll probably see, the bug is still present in 6.9.1 version, so we probably should wait for a release.

16. lGillot

lGillot

I still have this issue. I'm in 2019.2 and I only have access to the shadergraph 6.9.1 and it does freeze everytime I edit properties.
    What are my options here ?

17. disuperguy

disuperguy

Im in 2020 and still have the problem

18. ValiZ

ValiZ

Hello! I don't know if this is the same problem, but i had unity always freezing when tried to select the shader dropdown.
    What worked for me was to go into my project folder/Library and delete the file called ShaderCache.I dind't knew why my project was getting so big every time, without adding any new assets or when in fact my project is a small one.Looks like the ShaderCache file was geeting bigger every time when i tried to modify a material, it was 14gb.After deleting that, unity works normally and i am able to change the materials or shaders properties as usual.

19. Double-V

Double-V

For anyone finding this later, it's better now.