Search Unity

Adding more image to detect but not updating application Arkit.

Discussion in 'AR' started by alihimdis, Jul 29, 2018.

1. alihimdis

alihimdis

As far as I know, we can add image references and groups programmatically. After restarting session, Arkit will detect images. I want to make a controller when the app opens and reads images to detect. When there is a new image it should download it to iPhone or iPad and downloads assets for the image. I think the hardest part is adding images programmatically. I tried to write a script that adds an arimagereference asset and add that to the resource group. I am using AssetDatabase.CreateAsset it works on editor when I build it won't work because of AssetDabase only works on the editor. I do not know even that will be working if I would create the way I want? Do you have any suggestion to help my problem? I just want to add new images from the cloud and don't want to update application. The reason why i doing that is if user goes another province only that province's images should be downloaded.

2. IMD

IMD

3. LorenzoValente

LorenzoValente

ARFoundation Image Tracking is here in the new beta, it works, but it isn't dynamic at all... it relies on preprocessed libraries placed in the project assets, it is not possible to dynamically change them. I found a way to do that on Android but it is very hacky. At the moment I'm trying to do the same on iOS but I'm afraid the same trick won't work here... the native call does not accept bytes or a structure but just the name of the library it expects to find in the assets. It is indeed a nightmare