Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Adding more content to my game using Addressables

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by JorgeJustino, Nov 12, 2018.

1. JorgeJustino

JorgeJustino

Hey, in past when we did not have the addressable I have build a system with assetbundles to add content to my games and I not being able to see a way to make the same system work with addressables.

In my old system I have a specific structure of folders, I have in my editor a folder structure that is like this BundlesAssets/Content/{Name of the Content}/{All assets that belong to this content}, when I build those content bundles it goes to a folder in the same level of the .exe with this structure Bundles/Content/{Name of the Content}/{Name of the content}.bundle.

The main problem I'm facing with the Addressables is that I dont know how to make it build and load each bundle in its specific folder, I need that to be like that because it has another part of the system that I can't change that works like that.
    Do you guys know how to make this work like that or if I can make a custom builder and loader for the addressables based on the name of the content?

I only build to windows plataform.

Thanks!

2. unity_bill

unity_bill

Well, I don't entirely understand your workflow, but let me attempt to answer.

1. You can mark folders as addressable.
    2. If you give an addressable folder a label, then all content inside that folder has that label.
    3. On the bundled asset group, there is a "bundle mode" that you can set to "pack separately".

So it sounds like for your situation, you could do #1 and #2, and optionally #3. Then at runtime, you can load by label.

hope this helps.
    -Bill