Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Adding Materials from store: Can't decompress packages

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by scythwolf, Feb 16, 2019.

1. scythwolf

scythwolf

Hi!

I know that this bug exists but I haven't been able to find anything to bypass this ugly thing.
    I bought some materials from the store and downloaded them. When I try to import them a error shows up in the console telling me that it can't be decompressed.
    upload_2019-2-16_20-4-17.png

I checked the unity / Asset Store folder inside roaming. Everything is there.
    upload_2019-2-16_20-5-20.png

I can't add this package manually to unity - not by drag and drop nor by adding it from inside unity.
    BUT I can KINDA extract it. Though... I get a crc error when I try to extract it manually with 7z.
    upload_2019-2-16_20-8-57.png

But now comes the most curious thing. The extracted file (that one above the .unitypackage stays around. And I can extract that one. Then i have many folders there. All contain something like this:
    upload_2019-2-16_20-11-3.png
    Could anyone give me a hint how to proceed from here? Or what I could to to get those materials?

Thanks!

2. scythwolf

scythwolf

All right... Solved it now. It seems to be an issue of priveliges after all. I set the folder rights of the assets inside roaming (C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store-5.x) to everyone. After that everything worked fine.