Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only. On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live. Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Question Adding many Python files and directories to a single dmg file

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Soham1087, Nov 10, 2022.

1. Soham1087

Soham1087

How can I make a single dmg file out of many Python files in different folders? I know that's doable for a single file, but how can I do it for several?
    I can make a dmg for a 1.py file but not for numerous files in several directories.

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Do you mean the DMG file format that MacOSX uses for application installation / delivery?

That format is not a Unity thing. You should consider visiting the Mac developer site for more information.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Disk_Image

Also, Unity doesn't do anything with python files unless you have added a third party package to do so, in which case that package maker should probably have answers for how to package stuff up.

Bunny83 likes this.
  3. Soham1087

Soham1087

Yes, I am using macOS and py2app for creating the dmg for a single file. Also, my queries got resolved. Thanks for support.