Search Unity

Question Adding Lighting to a Disabled System

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Deleted User, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Back with another "confined to a borked choice someone else made" question.

I'm modding for a game. Game tools are basically crippled unity project files. Part of this "crppled" is there are some lighting choices forces/locked where emissive lighting is broken or disabled. I'm hoping someone can suggest a cheesy way around this.

So for example I have an office scene across several floors. Over a thousand florescent ceiling lights. I've added a material that is emissive and they bloom, but all the steps to get them to actually emit light that interacts with anything else is the broken/borked/disabled bit. So I have to add a normal light to every object to fake my way around this. That's fine for 20 or even a hundred items but over a thousand is getting a tad silly. Is there any way to copy a light to every objects XYZ?

I've even tried making the light a prefab and alt dragging but not only is it not working for the light but again...THOUSANDS of lights to do this to.

**Update...I feel a tad silly as this has been an issue for a long time and many projects. I figured out another way to add "normal" lights to each object en mass (mass select ad as component rather than object) but part of the issue was simply Unity being Unity i.e. glitchy, working inconsistently if at all. After getting fed up with trying so many things I closed things down to take a break...when I reopened all the sudden things are "semi" working...it was a butcher fest but it was enough to signal what needed to be changed down the line to fix the issue...again core problem is setting things up and Unity just does nothing most the time then randomly works after reopening, disabling - reenabling objects or settings...the inconsistency and problems are astounding!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2021