Search Unity

1. Calling all beginners! Join the FPS Beginners Mods Challenge until December 13.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Cyber Week at the Asset Store!
    Dismiss Notice

Adding files to collab outside of the assets folder

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by harvz16, Jan 13, 2017.

1. harvz16

harvz16

Hello,

My small team is trying to swap to collab and we're encountering an issue, files outside the assets folder are being ignored. We typically keep data files for our inhouse editor extensions outside the assets folder. Is there any way to include these files in the collab repo?

Thanks

juanitogan likes this.
  2. dtakahas

dtakahas

Unity Technologies

Hello!

There is currently not any way to include files outside of Assets in the collab repo. Early iterations of collab actually did allow this, but there were a few problems that made for a very poor experience. It's quite possible that it will make a comeback, but we have some UX issues to work out first.

3. harvz16

harvz16

Thanks for the quick reply. It's understandable that it was removed due to issues and I've just relocated the files into the Assets directory, though I do hope to be able to add custom files/folders to the collab in a future release.

4. Invertex

Invertex

I believe you can simply edit the .collabignore file in the root directory to allow, no?

5. esteban16108

esteban16108

Is there any news on this?

6. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @esteban16108, this feature has actually been added in the v2.0-preview.17 package of Collaborate, which you can update to from the Package Manager and choosing to see preview packages from that window's option menu. From there, make sure that the folders you want to include are not in the modified .collabignore file so that Collaborate can pick them up properly.

esteban16108 likes this.