Search Unity

Adding cudnn library in my Plugins conflicts with the one the Unity Editor includes

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by konsnos, Feb 6, 2020.

1. konsnos

konsnos

Hey all,

I have an issue with the libcudnn.dll library that I want to include in my Project. It seems that Unity 2019 already includes that library and it uses it's own old version instead the one that I add in the Plugins folder.

While exporting to executable however my own version remains and the app works.

Changing the plug in in the Unity Editor's folder inside Program Files seems to work, but that's not an acceptable solution since it may break things.

Is there any workaround in keeping my own version of a plug in while Playing at the Editor, instead of the one Unity is packaged with? Or is the executable depending on it so it will break things in the end?

bhumbers likes this.
  2. bhumbers

bhumbers

Agreed. We're running into precisely this issue with one of our projects that uses cuDNN via a native plugin as well.

We assume this is required for some of Unity's built-in machine learning features, which we don't require.

3. LightBuzz

LightBuzz

Is there an update on this issue? What if our Machine Learning project relies on different versions of cuDNN?