Search Unity

Adding actions to Dialog Generator

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Abrin, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Abrin

Abrin

Hello all,

I'm still pretty new at this so I apologize if there is an extremely simple answer to this I couldn't figure out.

I've created a very simple quiz game where people walk up to a wall, get a question, and if they get it right the wall opens and they can move on to the rest of the maze. Get it wrong and the wall locks and they have to find another way around.

I had this game running perfectly with the standard UnityGUI but then I found this Dialog Generator by Royce Simmons which is beautiful and I'm trying to add the action so if they get it right the wall opens. I've tried everything I can think of. If I try to Destroy the wall I get the error
    Code (csharp):
    1. CompilationErrorsException: script(1,9): BCE0055: Boo.Lang.Compiler.CompilerError: Internal compiler error: Cannot cast from source type to destination type..
    If I try to have the dialog generator update a "Correct" variable in a different script I get errors as well. I can't for the life of me figure this out. ANy help would rock! Thanks!