Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Adding a custom device issues (PS3 controller support attached)

Discussion in 'Input System' started by lejean, May 4, 2021.

1. lejean

lejean

Now that sony has apparently released official drivers for the PS3 controller for windows I figured I'd give my PS3 controller support just for the heck off it.

It didn't work at all out of the box, the controls were completely wrong and half of the buttons didn't work at all but I figured out how to create the custom HID for it and make it work. (Files attached for anyone interested)

But I do have a couple issues I hope anyone can help me with:

1) If I add a custom device, can I assume that the values, mainly VendorID and ProductID, seen here in the picture are the same for everyone with the same controller?
    2021-05-04 13_21_11-.png

2) Do you need to create separate HID files for linux/windows/mac or how does this carry over to different OS?

3) The input debugger is spamming the log full of these events, why? Is this a bad thing (performance wise) and if so how can I stop this?
    ps3 spam.gif

Attached Files: