Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Added Properties Not Appearing in Animation Clip's Timeline

Discussion in 'Animation' started by tonytopper, Jun 1, 2023.

1. tonytopper

tonytopper

In the pic below notice that Position isn't an option to add under Transform.
    upload_2023-6-1_14-44-37.png

That's because I already added it. But as you can see the property isn't showing up.

This clip is part of a Playable Timeline:
    upload_2023-6-1_14-47-44.png

upload_2023-6-1_14-48-19.png

This GameObject is a skinned, rigged, and PSDImporter-based with IK added: (All done in Unity)
    upload_2023-6-1_14-50-9.png

It doesn't matter which property I try to add with Add Property, none of them show up.

This bug paired with the general UX issues within this feature stack has been extremely frustrating.

Edit: Just updated to Unity 2022.2.21f to make sure this wasn't fixed in the latest build of the editor. The issue still persists.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
  2. tonytopper

tonytopper

Update:

I am able to see the properties I added if I open the Animation Clip directly from the Project Window after adding the properties from editing launched from the Playable Timeline
    upload_2023-6-1_17-16-11.png

However, I can't add new properties because when I click on an eligible GameObject the Animation Clip asset isn't associated with the GameObject. (See absence of "Running Draft" from dropdown)
    upload_2023-6-1_17-19-3.png

However, I can use Add Property if I open the clip from the Playable Timeline.
    upload_2023-6-1_17-20-39.png

(See the lock to the left of the clip's name showing it's linked to a timeline)

upload_2023-6-1_17-20-20.png

There is definitely something wrong here. None of this offers me a workaround because as soon as I click on the GameObject I need to work with I the Animation Window updates to one of the states I can't work with.

I seem to be completely blocked from doing the needed animation in my project until this is resolved.

I mean I guess I could write down the IK target position values for each keyframe each time I iterate the animation but that would be incredibly painful.