Search Unity

Added HDRP. Importing asset? Crash. Changing scene? Crash. Opening Unity? Crash.

Discussion in 'Linux Editor' started by MostHated, Oct 2, 2019.

1. MostHated

MostHated

Is there any known issues with HDRP on linux currently? I first tried converting an existing project, but was having a ton of crashes, so I tried creating a project using the HDRP template and that would not even load at all from a brand new project.

I updated to 2019.3.0b5 hoping that it might be better, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be. I still crash if Unity even thinks I might be looking at it weird when HDRP is in my project.

2. MostHated

MostHated

Does no one else experience this? Is this just something I should expect as of now and to just continue using the standard renderer, or are other people using the HDRP just fine and there may be something wrong with my system? I am just trying to get some insight on how I should proceed.

I am using Ubuntu 19.04, R5 2600, RTX 2070 driver 435.21 and was using Vulkan on 2019.3.0b5 when I was having these issues, but was having the same issues with 0b4.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  3. LukaKotar

LukaKotar

I wasn't able to get HDRP working either. With 2019.3, it crashes during the initial import. With 2019.2, the import succeeds, but it still crashes way to frequently to be usable.
    I'm using Fedora 30 with an AMD Radeon RX 580 with the Mesa drivers.

MostHated likes this.
  4. MostHated

MostHated

Much appreciated. Just wanted to make sure it was nothing on my end.

LukaKotar likes this.