Search Unity

Bug Added a new sprite and it doesnt work.

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Shadowing, Nov 10, 2022.

1. Shadowing

Shadowing

So I have several sprites I use. Been using them for a few years. Havn't done any updates in a while. Decided to add two more sprites and it doesnt work. So odd.
    I triple times 8 checked everything.

Technology is the one working as you can see in the picture too.

Code (csharp):
    2. <margin-left=16><sprite="Technology" name="Technology"><indent=4.5em><style="LIST"></style><line-height=16px></margin>
    3. <style="H1">TECHNOLOGY</style>
    4. Used for <link="guide#planet operations">planet operations</link>. Technology is acquired through <link="guide#stargate operation">stargate operation</link> buildings.</indent>
    6. <margin-left=16><sprite="Science" name="Science"><indent=4.5em><style="LIST"></style><line-height=16px></margin>

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Based on how you are referencing those two sprites in your text, the "Technology" sprite would be contained in the "Technology" sprite asset and the "Science" sprite in a separate sprite asset called "Science".

Are these sprites contained in the same sprite asset or two different sprite assets?

The format of the sprite tag is: <sprite="Sprite Asset Name" name="Name of the Sprite">

If these sprites are contained in two separate sprite assets, make both assets are located in the same folder which by default and as defined in the TMP Settings should be "Resources/Sprite Assets/"

upload_2022-11-10_16-36-37.png

3. Shadowing

Shadowing

format is all right. Notice its happening to ones I haven't displayed in a while too.

These all work fine.

4. Shadowing

Shadowing

Idk spent 3 hours on this today. idk. Seems to be a bug.

5. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Any change you can submit a bug report with project for us to look at?

Alternatively, you could export a package using the "Export Package" that contains a simple scene and those assets for me to look at.