Search Unity

1. Get all the Unite Berlin 2018 news on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.2 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for your feedback on the platforms you use and how you use them. Let us know!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Add to read-only fbx animation clips

Discussion in 'Animation' started by FeastSC2, Aug 11, 2018 at 3:52 AM.

1. FeastSC2

FeastSC2

I've been using 2d animation clips so far but now that I'm in 3d I can't animate additional objects other than the bones in the animation clips from the fbx format. How could I sync up a hitbox activating with my 3d animations or how can I send events in the same animation clip?
    It would be too weird to make another animation clip or to activate those by scripts at the right time.

2. FeastSC2

FeastSC2

Ok I found that under the Animation tab there's a possibilty to add events and curves.

3. FeastSC2

FeastSC2

Why are the animation files read as fbx are read-only? Is there a particular reason?

4. Mecanim-Dev

Mecanim-Dev

Unity Technologies