Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

"Add to My Assets" doesn't work

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Rowlan, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Rowlan

Rowlan

Is anyone else experiencing this? For free assets you have to click the "Add to My Assets" button. Then you get a notification popup with info that the asset got added to your library. However, the blue button on the Asset Store website doesn't change to "Open in Unity". Neither is the asset in your library. I've been having this for weeks now and it's really annoying. Sometimes I have to repeat the steps 5 to 10 times until the asset is registered.

2. vertexx

vertexx

Hi Rowlan,
    I'm not much help . But just to say that it hasn't happened to me...yet!
    Certainly sounds annoying. Maybe an "overflowing" library...:) Mine is...

3. Rowlan

Rowlan

Thanks for the Info, that's helping. On discord only 1 user so far said he has the same issue.

4. lokauniverse

lokauniverse

I too am having this issue, For free assets you have to click the "Add to My Assets" button. Then you get a notification popup with info that the asset got added to your library. However, the blue button on the Asset Store website doesn't change to "Open in Unity". Neither is the asset in your library. The "Hide Purchased Assets" wont work either.

Until they fix this, I won't bother with unity technologies, why would I waste my time?
    I've got Unreal Engine, their asset store has always worked just fine for me.

If this is intentional, as to encourage to add paid assets instead of browsing for free assets. Why would I risk money on a paid asset if the Asset Store wont let me add free assets? I would not risk buying any assets if the Asset Store don't even want to add free assets. I'll just stick with unreal engine and forget all about unity technologies.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2023
  5. filipereis233

filipereis233

Literally having the same issue right now, I try to add it, never shows up in my asset library at all!

EDIT: After some time trying to figure out, I logged out, as soon as I logged back in, it was added without input. All through the browser. Then i just refreshed the package manager, didn't need to relog in Unity Editor itself.

Last edited: May 11, 2023
  6. vvm

vvm

Try another browser, that worked for me.