Search Unity

Feature Request Add support for trusting self-signed certificates

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by LM-CML, Dec 19, 2022.

1. LM-CML

LM-CML

Hi,

Is it possible to add support for trusting self-signed certificates to the Unity Hub when performing HTTP(S) communication? I know the Unity Package Manager offers support for that but I don't see an option for the Unity Hub to do similarly.

My company funnels all HTTP(S) traffic through a proxy and manipulates the SSL certificates used in the communication.

With most applications using Node.js (which I believe this is an Electron app) I can use the environmental variable NODE_EXTRA_CA_CERTS and provide a path to a PEM file containing additional root CAs to trust.

However, with Unity Hub v3.4.1, this does not seem to work.

Currently my only option as a workaround is to set the value of NODE_TLS_REJECT_UNAUTHORIZED to 0. This isn't an ideal solution since it instructs Node.js to not perform certificate validation and my cybersecurity department frowns upon me from recommending this as a solution.

Thank you

2. CaptnCra

CaptnCra

Following as we are dealing with the same and using the same work around. I can go back to Unity Hub 3.3.0 and it works without any of the NODE TLS environment variables.

3. judesidloski

judesidloski

Unity Technologies