Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Add Seats - # of seats included in what plan, price to add seats?

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by interactive_reverie, Oct 29, 2019.

1. interactive_reverie

interactive_reverie

Hello!
    I am currently using the Personal license as i am still a design student.
    But I am also giving a Unity class (Tutorium) at my University this and upcoming Semesters.

We are a small group but more than 3 people in total.
    Everytime i click on add seats i am directed to the subscriptions page but i never find the information about seats that i was originally looking for:

How many Seats are included in which paid plan?
    Can i add a number of seats corresponding to my numer of students?
    I don't care about anything but the number of seats!

I get paid 4h a week for me educating the others = 40 euro. i have to research, prepare a lesson, create slides, practice my talking and then hold a 90min. lesson, so this really doesn't even cover my time invested. basically i am looking for the cheapest way to simply add seats so that i can share my "master project" with everyone. as it is i let myself be invited to each separate student project but this is very inconvenient for me. i have like 10 projects to refresh, and the students cannot "help themselves" and look into my scripts or look at a game objects position real quick while i am still holding the class.

i guess i would have to use git, but the built in git tool sucks and git is kinda complicated if you've never used it and i think for a beginner class of non programmers using collab would be much preferable.

I am glad for anyone who already has a paid plan who can help me out with info :)

Greetngs, Julia

2. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Julia, sorry for any confusion in the messaging for our plans. I'm happy to hear that you're tutoring students in using Unity and using Collaborate to share your projects with them!

I just tried going through the process myself and you're right that it is pretty confusing. The developer dashboard team is aware of that too and has plans to update this process in the near future. To try and clear up some of the confusion, while Unity offers Personal, Plus and Pro subscriptions, the seats and cloud storage for your Organization is managed via a Unity Teams subscription (https://unity3d.com/get-teams) which has two offerings: Basic (Free), which is limited to only 3 seats; Advanced, which comes with 3 seats but with the option to purchase more.

Here's a link to where you can just purchase additional seats for your Organization (https://store.unity.com/configure-p...453.1572292855-297932256.1555619552#get-teams). This comes with a 30-day free trial for Unity Teams Advanced, which you'd need to pay each month afterward in order to keep the additional seats. I hope this helps to unblock you and please let me know if you have any more questions.