Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback add search field in layer and all enum

Discussion in '2020.2 Beta' started by laurentlavigne, Oct 22, 2020.

1. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

upload_2020-10-22_15-22-35.png
    yeah i use all of them and because legacy the order makes no sense, search field would alleviate dev pain a little

2. Singtaa

Singtaa

That dropdown in the Script Execution order desperately needs a search field.

mahdi_jeddi likes this.
  3. mahdi_jeddi

mahdi_jeddi

While you're at it, add the search box to animation list and animation event list too. It's weird to me that the animation parameter list got the search box first. Unity has this component already for so long, just needs to use it in other places too:
    Screenshot_1.png

4. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi everybody,

Thanks for the feedback. I've passed your use cases on and there is work being done in this regard. I can't share any details at the moment but wanted to let you know that we heard you.

5. honor0102

honor0102

It is a little old topic but I searched for this feature and this topic was one of the first search results so I think this will be helpful to someone else:
    there is a small toolset for Unity editor named "UnityEditorJunkie", one of its features is providing a feature to make searchable enum value
    (for using the search feature only, you can copy the specific folder of it from the repository)
    https://github.com/roboryantron/UnityEditorJunkie/tree/master

rocket5tim likes this.