Search Unity

Add real time weather and environment to your games on Unity3D for $69.99 with Atmo5

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by pabloarenas, Feb 14, 2011.

1. pabloarenas

pabloarenas

We are pleased to announce the launch of http://www.atmo5.com - the first real time and environment plugin for Unity. Be one of the first Mobile Game developers with real time weather and environment in your games! Atmo5 allows you to be as creative with your environment as you want to be. No third party aftershocks. We promise! Atmo5 is all you need.

Here is a video link that shows atmo5 creating snow and night time all in real time. This video is from Foxie Hunny 2 with real time weather out now on the app store.

Here is a video that shows the same game when the sun is rising all in real time.

We all realize that there is tons of great mobile games on the planet. But what sets them apart? yes we can make a game with day and night screens and snow sessions and so on but that what if all that could happen in real time? What if your game could be played during the day with the same conditions your user has in his area and then played at night and have the sky match?

This is what can help set you apart from the rest. With Atmo5 you can be as creative as you want to be and you don't need any third party additions. The Atmo5 SDK is all you need.

To get Atmo5 on one of your games is very simple.

First, Create a Free account on www.atmo5.com
    Second, Download SDK
    Third, Pay the $69.99 subscription using PayPal
    Fourth, Receive the Atmo5 activation key
    Fifth, Activate SDK, and add to your game in 5 minutes! It is really that simple!

5 Steps, for 5 minutes!!!

If you feel like taking it for a test drive free of charge, please send us an email us at info@atmo5.com. We'd love to hear from you.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  2. Feyhu

Feyhu

there is no way this is worth $70 per game.

3. pabloarenas

pabloarenas

why not? and if this is so simple to you, why are we the only ones to do it?

4. appliquette

appliquette

Do you have any video to show it off? hard to get a feel from screenshots.

5. Broken-Toy

Broken-Toy

This plugin is a bit ill-explained.
    What should stand out is how it uses the real-world time and weather conditions from your devices' location and applies them into the game.

Real-time weather is very misleading, because it has little meaning other than changing weather at runtime according to some pre-sets, which is done in the UniSky plugin as well.

Nice idea, but honestly you lost me (and likely quite a few others) at "per-project". Per-project licenses always give me the impression of being ripped off and/or headed for a poor experience where I'll have to defer to some "big brother" whenever I want to do something creative, so I avoid them like the plague. I'd much rather see that thing on the Asset Store or on a per account basis (Asset store is prefered because it means I don't have to give my informations to -yet another- third party). Less hassle for your buyers, and less hassle for -you- too.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  6. pabloarenas

pabloarenas

Thanks for your feedback people. we are going to take your comments and make adjustments asap.

7. AaronC

AaronC

Couldn't agree more, not pointing at this product in particular but thinking of certain unity content sites that do that. Totally lame.

AC

8. Feyhu

Feyhu

because nobody thinks "hey I want to have real time weather in my game, even though it probably wont work any time the person doesnt have internet and will probably crash the game." also, you are the only ones to try to sell it, other games have done it I am sure.

also, the videos dont show that it is realtime, so far I see a scene where it is snowing and a scene with a sun in it. the video isnt long enough to show the sun actually rising even if the sun was rising.

also:
    First, Create a Free account on www.atmo5.com
    Second, ???
    Third, profit

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  9. thelastowl

thelastowl

which service are you getting the weather from?