Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Add Physics to Entity in SystemBase

Discussion in 'Physics for ECS' started by jfbguy, Apr 15, 2020.

1. jfbguy

jfbguy

I've been trying to add physics capabilities onto an entity within a SystemBase but haven't been able to get the entities to... I guess be a part of the physics system. I tried adding all of the same components I see on an entity that was converted with the PhysicsBody Monobehavior which are PhysicsMass, PhysicsVelocity, and PhysicsDamping, but to no avail. I also took a peak at the PhsyicsBodyAuthoring script but it was kind of confusing.
    Wondered if anyone else has been able to accomplish this.

2. steveeHavok

steveeHavok

Check out the CreateBody function in the Samples. It builds a physics entity from scratch. The main thing you need is a PhysicsCollider component for collision and a PhysicsVelocity for motion. You'll also either need a LocalToWorld component if your body is static and a Translation & Rotation component if dynamic. Some more details are in the docs.

3. jfbguy

jfbguy

Thanks,
    I believe it was this particular code that I needed to set the component data properly

entityManager.AddComponentData(entity, PhysicsMass.CreateDynamic(colliderComponent.MassProperties, mass));

4. jfbguy

jfbguy

Also, needed to unParent it. Which I thought I did... but I did not.

5. MrKsi

MrKsi

where did you get the collider Component from, please tell me?