Search Unity

add interaction on a 360 spheric video (touch a shape to start a new texture video)

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by tibewww, Jan 27, 2016.

1. tibewww

tibewww

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to see if this some how possible to achieve,

I've create a 360 video, inside a sphere with a new shader.. It's all works perfectly.

What id like to achieve is, in some x seconds appear a 3d shape in one area. On Click on that shape, the video texture of the sphere should change.

Is there any way to make this work do you think ?

It will be awesome,

Thank you

2. Hashton

Hashton

The way I did it is that instead of it changing the sphere texture you would just teleport into the middle of a totally different sphere with a different texture video. If that would work for you?

kmcmenamin likes this.
  3. tibewww

tibewww

it's actually quite smart, yes it should work i think, how is the transition looking between the 'teleportation' ?

Do you have any demo example ? Or know the process in term of coding to do that ?

You sounds like my future legend,

Thanks for your time !

4. Hashton

Hashton

The transition was instant. There is a way to make it fade also but im not sure on how myself. I don't have the project file on this computer.
    . I did it similar to how this tutorial shows. I put collider around the player and had a way to make the player move when trigger was pulled. So you would pull the trigger the player would enter the collider and then you would teleport to the location you decide.
    Hope this helps.

5. tibewww

tibewww

This is so awesome ! I'll give a try :), and it worked out with video texture isnt it ? I'll give some try, thank you !

6. evenardt

evenardt

Hi,

I'm developing for Android and iOS:
    were you able to implement a 360 video inside a sphere without EasyMovieTexture? Thank you. I'd really love to know what shader you're using ...

s.

7. FaramirTFK

FaramirTFK

Hi there!

Yeah, i´m working too with 360º video and it will be really helpfull if you could share this info.

8. PiroKun

PiroKun

But if you teleport from one sphere to another, all the video textures should be loaded at same time? isnt this too ram heavy? or unity manage this more efficiently?

9. martin.tazlari

martin.tazlari

Hi,

I'm very interested about this topic. Have you been able to make the transition working ?

10. Naynu06

Naynu06

great wook !

11. shirinb

shirinb

Hey!
    So what I've done for this is I added another sphere with a different video inside it and set it to inactive on start. I then added an OnMouseDown code on the shape (which will appear in the first sphere) so that when the shape is clicked the second sphere is active and the first is inactive.