Search Unity

Add IAP device to test for Unity Dashboard

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by Suduckgames, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Suduckgames

Suduckgames

Hi there! I have my game currently live with Ads and I am implemeting IAP to it

The problem is that on the project revenue in Unity dashboard the test IAP that I am doing is giving false information about my real income. In order to see my real revenue I need to manually remove the IAP data.

Is there anyway to add a device(android and iOs) for test them without showing the IAP in the revenue dashboard?

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

What IAP data are you referring to, perhaps share a screenshot? There is not a way to specifically add a test device for IAP. Are you testing on Google Alpha/Beta or Apple TestFlight?

3. Suduckgames

Suduckgames

Thank you for the reply and sorry for the lack of info about the issue.

I am using Internal track on Google play (it is similar to alpha, but for internal use) .

I have a game on production that is using ADS as monetization. I usually see the information on the unity dashboard.

Now I am implemeting IAP to my game. I implemented everything and tested on an android device with a iap test account ( So no chargues where applied). The problem is that the purchases made with the android test device (with test credit card) are being reflected in my revenue like it is valid revenue, but it isn't. Now my data like ARPDAU is "corrupted" with false information.

I am talking about unity dashboard revenue like in this image.

iap fail 1.jpg

The IAP system is not on production and every IAP made was with a test account and you can see in the next image, how Unity perceive that the revenue is valid:

iap fail 2.jpg

I still need to test all the IAP to make sure that everythings works, but I can't test all the IAPs if they are going to be marked as revenue corrupting my data.

I want to mark a device as test so It doens't corrupt my data ( Like the WindowsEditor on the image) . Is there any way to test this withouth corrupt my data?

If you need more information please let me know

4. Suduckgames

Suduckgames

Is there any way to test withouth corrupt my data?

5. batukan6699

batukan6699

Same problem here. This week I tried my Unity IAPs within the Google Play internal track with my test device. I did several purchases and I know see some revenue on my Unity Dashboard. When I purchasing those products it said this is a test product you will not be charged (something like that), so I am sure those were test products. Whats happening here, what should I do ?
    Untitled.png

6. Suduckgames

Suduckgames

Seems like there is no way to set test products, I think that this is a unity design flaw of the IAP. It is imperative to be able to test. I will try to move to the alpha channel and test again just to be sure that this is happening only in the internal track

7. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

All test purchases will show as actual revenue, currently. I will let the team know. Agreed that adding test devices would be the best solution, so you would not need to make any changes to a published game.

8. Jdean

Jdean

Was there ever any resolution to this?

9. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

No, and no plans.

10. Warp-Lemon

Warp-Lemon

Hello. Has this been addressed? Or is there any plans to make this change?